Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So much music, so little time.

So much music, so little time.

I am currently obsessing over The Flamin' Groovies, particularly their 1976 album Shake Some Action.

Every ten times that I listen to it is another six hours not being able to spend listening to everything else I like.

I think I understand why god exists - never mind creating the universe or running it or any of that pretendy rubbish - the point of being a god is to be able to listen to all the music, wonder at all the art, and to see all the places that are to be seen. As often as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I am currently obsessing over The Flamin' Groovies, particularly their 1976 album Shake Some Action.

Every ten times that I listen to it is another six hours not being able to spend listening to everything else I like.

I think I understand why god exists - never mind creating the universe or running it or any of that pretendy rubbish - the point of being a god is to be able to listen to all the music, wonder at all the art, and to see all the places that are to be seen. As often as you want.

I feel the same about Madness
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I feel the same about Madness
    OK, so how many albums did they make? How many of them were really good? And which is your favourite?

OK, so how many albums did they make? How many of them were really good? And which is your favourite?
    'Best of' They remind me of being 13
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    'Best of' They remind me of being 13
    Ah, hit singles man, eh?

Fairy nuff, if that's yer bag.

Well now that is some recommendation right there. Now before I take this particular

plunge Ash, can we just confirm or otherwise. You are not of of these dunderheads that cannot see the coruscating brilliance of the Fabs are you? If so I shall simply ignore what you say as the drug addled ramblings of a buffoon.

Just reading Sir C's David Hepworth suggestion about the LP. Might get me tenner back while a can. Great fun when he's discussing an album you know but otherwise it ceases to be compelling.

And he confesses to being one of those chaps that thought his contemporaries' opinions on what he did or didn't like were important. Never understood that.

Ah, hit singles man, eh?

Fairy nuff, if that's yer bag.
    I don't think even baz himself would argue that he's a bit of a bean brain a.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    plunge Ash, can we just confirm or otherwise. You are not of of these dunderheads that cannot see the coruscating brilliance of the Fabs are you? If so I shall simply ignore what you say as the drug addled ramblings of a buffoon.
    Of course I love the chuffin' Fabs, Herbs.

And you're in for a treat, I can tell you. In fact to whet your appetite in two minutes and thirty seconds, fire up your Spotificator or equivalent bit-distribution engine, and head straight for the third track: "Yes It's true".