Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So we don't get a new manager bounce but Root scores 200+. Curse of Berni still

So we don't get a new manager bounce but Root scores 200+. Curse of Berni still

going strong, I notice.

That is some dark magic at work. Only Kali Herself could deal with it.

Speaking of the Gods of Jinxery, I was partly responsible for Burns' dismissal. I'd been watching with the sound off for a while and remarkably we hadn't lost a wicket. (Very often the act of me watching makes us lose wickets). I didn't dare to put the sound on because we woudl definitely lose a wicket if I did.

Eventually he got his ton and I thought it can't hurt to rewind and watch it with some audio to celebrate it, and two balls later ....

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Speaking of the Gods of Jinxery, I was partly responsible for Burns' dismissal. I'd been watching with the sound off for a while and remarkably we hadn't lost a wicket. (Very often the act of me watching makes us lose wickets). I didn't dare to put the sound on because we woudl definitely lose a wicket if I did.

Eventually he got his ton and I thought it can't hurt to rewind and watch it with some audio to celebrate it, and two balls later ....
    I know what you mean. If the ECB would pay me not to watch, we'd have a much better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I know what you mean. If the ECB would pay me not to watch, we'd have a much better team.
    I had something weird going on back in 2005. I remember there was one game where I jinxed pretty much the entire Australian top order out by posting on here.

Eldritch powers that mortal man should wot not of imo
    Last edited by Burney; 12-02-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had something weird going on back in 20005. I remember there was one game where I jinxed pretty much the entire Australian top order out by posting on here.

I think between you and me, we pretty much won that series

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had something weird going on back in 2005. I remember there was one game where I jinxed pretty much the entire Australian top order out by posting on here.

I didn't use Awimb for cricket back then. But that summer I was mostly in the UK for the first time in over a decade. I hadn't watched any cricket when travelling and thanks to Sky, mostly, but being stuck in Delhi the winter before (Tsunami) I watched our tour of SA and got back in to it.

That summer was ace.

Congrats on your jinxing.

I remember you doing your bit during Broad's 8-15, though.