Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We appear to have a league game on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    talking of crap players, has anyone mentioned Mustafi getting absolutely rinsed yesterday?

I covered it

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Xhaka was brutal today , as was Lacca and Willock . For all the shīt Mustafi gets he is as good a defender as we have ....

Blimey you are in the shít then, the way that Norwich bloke turned him inside out in the second half was ridicules.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    At least they wouldn't get in the way, you could move around quite freely. Wouldn't even know they were there tbh.
    At least Emery is gone. I can imagine shouting at him to move out the way of the telly whilst he stands there rubbing his chin and saying ogood evening everytime he sees me.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Although I like the Boxing Day format, just choose the game you want to watch. Which is how it should be
    I've always felt that the restrictions on live TV coverage represent a rather shameful admission by the football authorities that - for all their talk about what a great 'product' it is - a significant percentage of football fans wouldn't bother attending live football if it weren't the only means of seeing the game.

That seems to me to suggest that they know just what a load of shít the 'matchday experience' really is.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Although I like the Boxing Day format, just choose the game you want to watch. Which is how it should be
    I can never understand it, I know the 3pm kick off rule thing but sometimes on other days there are games on simulationulsy that you can't watch.

However the rest of the world does. If they gave you the option to pay to watch them I am sure it would cut down piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've always felt that the restrictions on live TV coverage represent a rather shameful admission by the football authorities that - for all their talk about what a great 'product' it is - a significant percentage of football fans wouldn't bother attending live football if it weren't the only means of seeing the game.

That seems to me to suggest that they know just what a load of shít the 'matchday experience' really is.
    and depending on what team you support there was a time where if you wanted to go to Highbury you'd have no chance if you are just joe public. so you'd have to go see mr tout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Chambers looked like a man doing a (bad) impression of a professional footballer.
    I was rather surprised the ref didn't put him out of his misery and send him off

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I can never understand it, I know the 3pm kick off rule thing but sometimes on other days there are games on simulationulsy that you can't watch.

However the rest of the world does. If they gave you the option to pay to watch them I am sure it would cut down piracy.
    The blackout rule is completely anachronistic. No other country does the same, and, I'm sure I've read that, there is no evidence that 3pm Satursday broadcasrs would negatively impact on attendances lower down the leagues.

and, I'd happily pay £5 per match to watch at home and avoid all the unnecessary business of attending matches. I'd pick and choose which ones to attend in person, of course, and let those reds have a stab at tickets.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The blackout rule is completely anachronistic. No other country does the same, and, I'm sure I've read that, there is no evidence that 3pm Satursday broadcasrs would negatively impact on attendances lower down the leagues.

and, I'd happily pay £5 per match to watch at home and avoid all the unnecessary business of attending matches. I'd pick and choose which ones to attend in person, of course, and let those reds have a stab at tickets.
    I simply don't believe that there are Doncaster Rovers season ticket holders who would stop attending home games because Man U are on the telly. I just don't think football fandom works like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I was pretty shocked when I discovered that English football wasn't shown live here for the reasons you describe.

I was told at the time that the issue was not so much that Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool supporters wouldn't go watch their teams, but that the 1st, 2nd division and lower division's supporters wouldn't do so.

I'm not so sure

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I was pretty shocked when I discovered that English football wasn't shown live here for the reasons you describe.

I was told at the time that the issue was not so much that Arsenal or Chelsea or Liverpool supporters wouldn't go watch their teams, but that the 1st, 2nd division and lower division's supporters wouldn't do so.

I'm not so sure
    Enough of the lower leagues fans would stay at home and that would have a massive effect on their finances. Not sure many of the better Championship clubs would see much difference.

You can watch the highlights of every game within minutes anyway so it osn't really a big deal.

Would be interesting to compare Championship midweek attendances from last season as you can watch all those games live on the red buitton now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar