Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Yes. Now, nobody could call the redgunamo a fussy man but there are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Claws on toast
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Looking at that cheap pizza, I would eat most of it except the cake-sized circumference which would go straight in the bin ...or left out for the birds
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

bb "Claws on toast "

Sounds like a mild bush-tucker trial delicacy

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Why the hell would you microwave it?
    a) I am at work without access to a fully functioning oven
    b) it is a microwaveable product. Apparently.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

There's no faulting that logic

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Started that ‘Now we shall be entirely free’ thingy. Started a bit slow with him just moping about. Hoping it’ll pick up now there’s been a war crime, some rape and an assassination mission.
    His deafness is irritating me. It had better turn out to have some narrative significance.
    Ah. I'm not sure you have entirely appreciated that my current prediliction is for novels in which nothing much happens, really. I like legthy descriptions of the exact colour of the sea, a lot of wistful peering out of rain-spattered windows and the unspoken hint of a stolen kiss.

I remember reading on the blurb that our hero had returned from the Peninsular 'carrying with him a terrible secret'; I am afraid I took this rather literally and spent ages trying to work out which of the items unpacked from his rucksack by Nell contained the 'terrible secret'. For much of the book i was therefore expecting the small shrivelled potato to reappear and reveal its secret within.

I've got a new one for you: 'The Glass Woman' by Caroline Lea. 17th century Iceland. Precisely nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah. I'm not sure you have entirely appreciated that my current prediliction is for novels in which nothing much happens, really. I like legthy descriptions of the exact colour of the sea, a lot of wistful peering out of rain-spattered windows and the unspoken hint of a stolen kiss.

I remember reading on the blurb that our hero had returned from the Peninsular 'carrying with him a terrible secret'; I am afraid I took this rather literally and spent ages trying to work out which of the items unpacked from his rucksack by Nell contained the 'terrible secret'. For much of the book i was therefore expecting the small shrivelled potato to reappear and reveal its secret within.

I've got a new one for you: 'The Glass Woman' by Caroline Lea. 17th century Iceland. Precisely nothing happens.
    I’m currently worried that calling one of the protagonists Calley in relation to a My Lai style massacre might prove to be a somewhat on-the-nose indication of what the truth of the atrocity may prove to be.
    I may be over-thinking it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Fackinhell, there is a whole range of these abominations. None appear to get a decent review.

A microwaveable Cheese Toastie?
    who, what, why?
    Made a toastie last night.

Buttered sliced white, gouda and *a revelation* brinjal pickle.

Why had I not thought of this combo before?

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Made a toastie last night.

Buttered sliced white, gouda and *a revelation* brinjal pickle.

Why had I not thought of this combo before?

1. A 'toastie' (do you mean a toasted sandwich? Are you talking to a baby? Do you also say 'roasties' and 'veggies'?) is not dinner.
    2. Brinjal pickle? Is this some foreign muck? What is a brinjal?

(Sorry, I'm in a dreadful mood this morning i. Absolutely dreadful.)