Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Whilst yetserday was a much better watch

Whilst yetserday was a much better watch

and it was nice to see a little urgency and pace in attack, I couldn't help feeling that we look a little, well, fey.

Norwich aren't exactly peal-Pulis Stoke, are they? Yet our players seemed extremely lightweight in the tackle.

And, riddle me this: how is it possible for the opposition to simply jog through the centre of our defence, take their time to pick a spot, and then pass the ball into the goal, without anyone making a challenge? Twice? How is that possible?

I think I didn't realise just how low we have sunk.

Same muppets who buried Arsene imo

Still stick to my belief that you win and lose games in midfield.

There was no waltzing through the back line with Parlour, Vieira and Petit there.

Everyone's so comfortable in possession these days that you don't want to get mugged off diving into challenges, so nobody teaches tackling anymore. Not even Fat Sam apparently.

Blame football video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    and it was nice to see a little urgency and pace in attack, I couldn't help feeling that we look a little, well, fey.

Norwich aren't exactly peal-Pulis Stoke, are they? Yet our players seemed extremely lightweight in the tackle.

And, riddle me this: how is it possible for the opposition to simply jog through the centre of our defence, take their time to pick a spot, and then pass the ball into the goal, without anyone making a challenge? Twice? How is that possible?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

we just don't look like we want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    we just don't look like we want to win.
    We look like a bunch of mincers*, that's what we look like.

*NTTAWWI.

It's a shame Keown isn't the defensive coach, he seemed to have all the answers on motd2, then again most people watching would have as well.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

cos our defending consists of retreating further and further back towards our own goal without making any sort of challenge thus enabling the opposition to get within goalscoring distance.

No wonder Leno had such a good game.,
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”