Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When defrosting wons car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What’s the point of the rear window having heating and defrosts in 30 seconds yet the windscreen takes a year.

Nobody looks out the back. Plus being a city boy I am not used to this malarkey.
    If you hold your breath for five or ten minutes, you should find this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Such trivial problems

Yes, I should imagine it's a leetle beet worse there

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Have you tried a kettle full of boiling* water?

* I wouldn’t advise it.
    A sandwich bag filled with warm water is the best way

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    LOL! I don't live in the north, p. I live on a nice quiet cul-de-sac full of nice, respectable old people that no-one ever comes down. I can also see my car on the drive from where I'm eating breakfast, so it would require a remarkably adept car thief to achieve this feat.
    And what of the appalling and profligate waste of fuel and the needless pollution of the atmosphere just because you want to step into a warm car? * You are single-handedly responsible for the impending climate catastrophe!

BTW, thieves don't tend to saunter up to the car and give you a little wave before making themselves comfortable, strapping themselves in and cautiously exiting your driveway b. They tend to be sickeningly quick at what they do, rather like weasels.

* may do the same thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Such trivial problems

I really do think that having regularly visited Scandinavia in winter has made me much more sanguine about British winters. I simply don't know how you people cope. I'd fúcking learn to hibernate - or just top myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What’s the point of the rear window having heating and defrosts in 30 seconds yet the windscreen takes a year.

Nobody looks out the back. Plus being a city boy I am not used to this malarkey.
    Have you considered a garage for your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    And what of the appalling and profligate waste of fuel and the needless pollution of the atmosphere just because you want to step into a warm car? * You are single-handedly responsible for the impending climate catastrophe!

BTW, thieves don't tend to saunter up to the car and give you a little wave before making themselves comfortable, strapping themselves in and cautiously exiting your driveway b. They tend to be sickeningly quick at what they do, rather like weasels.

* may do the same thing myself.
    What of it?

And, because I don't live in some shíthole like London or the north, I'm prepared to take the risk that there aren't hordes of opportunistic car thieves prowling the streets at 6.30 on a freezing weekday morning. Call me a devil-may-care renegade, but there we are.

What of it?

And, because I don't live in some shíthole like London or the north, I'm prepared to take the risk that there aren't hordes of opportunistic car thieves prowling the streets at 6.30 on a freezing weekday morning. Call me a devil-may-care renegade, but there we are.
    Have you moved to Brigadoon?

What of it?

And the fact you drive an Austin Allegro or some such probably excludes you from the target list too.

LOL! I don't live in the north, p. I live on a nice quiet cul-de-sac full of nice, respectable old people that no-one ever comes down. I can also see my car on the drive from where I'm eating breakfast, so it would require a remarkably adept car thief to achieve this feat.
    They would take 1 long look at you and carry on regardless, your hands have never beaten the daylights out of anyone I'd guess (this sounds like a Blackadder sketch)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar