Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn "The BBC is biased towards saying Israel has a right to exist"

Jeremy Corbyn "The BBC is biased towards saying Israel has a right to exist"

Yeah Burney and WES are right - there would have been no benefit at all in in Andrew Neil asking him to explain this comment

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yeah Burney and WES are right - there would have been no benefit at all in in Andrew Neil asking him to explain this comment
    Look m, I know you and your people are a little sensitive just now but Israel - Really? It's a bit like an unruly mob of Romans pitching up in England and forcibly reclaiming their old stomping grounds, doubtless claiming that having built the infastructure, they had a valid legal case.

No, no there wouldn't, because Corbyn had already been skewered on the topic by Neil. You do realise that at some point enough is enough, right? The voting public will only pay attention to any issue for so long and then you have to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, no there wouldn't, because Corbyn had already been skewered on the topic by Neil. You do realise that at some point enough is enough, right? The voting public will only pay attention to any issue for so long and then you have to move on.
    If the entire focus had been on Corbyn's personal history it would have been a fatal blow - his Frost/Nixon moment. Instead, by focussing on his failure to tackle anti-semitism in the wider party, rather than his own anti-Semitism, it has merely damaged him.

Sadly, we have to accept that, in light of all the available evidence, 32% of the electorate are prepared to vote for a rabid anti-semite, which suggests that a third of the adult population of this country are confirmed jew-haters.

You're not going to change their minds about Corbyn because he hates jews. They like that he hates jews.

Whether this sickness on the left has been caused by decades of using Israel as a front to pander to the muslim vote is a further question... I believe may otherwise decent people have simply been brainwashed by the constant dripfeed of propaganda by the leftist media into believing that Israel, and by extension all jews, are evil.

If the entire focus had been on Corbyn's personal history it would have been a fatal blow - his Frost/Nixon moment. Instead, by focussing on his failure to tackle anti-semitism in the wider party, rather than his own anti-Semitism, it has merely damaged him.
    Yeah, because him laying that wreath, calling Hamas his friends etc etc has hardly been mentioned at all over the past few years

Yeah, because him laying that wreath, calling Hamas his friends etc etc has hardly been mentioned at all over the past few years

I hate to do this WES but I'll have to sort of side with our wasp-breeder-in-chief monty on this. I have never actually seen any footage or images of Corbyn laying the wreath though I'm sure such footage exists. I have read and heard more about his transgressions from AWIMB than any other source. Just sayin' like.

I hate to point this out to you but the general public don't really care, might not like it but they would rather focus on the NHS and Brexit rather than his views.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It's always played second fiddle to the far less damaging claim that he's been too weak in dealing with the problem in the party, which can always be countered with claims of Tory racism.

Corbyn's personal history should place him among the most reviled public figures on earth among all anti-racists, and it would be very simple to frame the charge sheet against him in a way that makes it impossible for any of his supporters to defend.

This has always been an option that every interviewer, including the otherwise fantastic Neil, has chosen to reject.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I hate to point this out to you but the general public don't really care, might not like it but they would rather focus on the NHS and Brexit rather than his views.
    His Frost/Nixon moment would not be to merely turn public opinion against him - it would be to force him to resign in disgrace.