Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent piece on the cancer that is AFTV

Decent piece on the cancer that is AFTV

It all started with Fanzines. People got a taste for maoning (although to be fair, in those days they had reason to moan). Then along came messageboards and the likes of RCEG moaning about every fúcking thing. If I recall correctly he moaned about the colour of the walls and the fizziness of the beer, and he wasn't even the worst culprit.

It was inevitable that the self-obsessed would find a louder outlet for their solipsistic shrieking.

Some of those kúnts are definitely mentally ill, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It all started with Fanzines. People got a taste for maoning (although to be fair, in those days they had reason to moan). Then along came messageboards and the likes of RCEG moaning about every fúcking thing. If I recall correctly he moaned about the colour of the walls and the fizziness of the beer, and he wasn't even the worst culprit.

It was inevitable that the self-obsessed would find a louder outlet for their solipsistic shrieking.

Some of those kúnts are definitely mentally ill, though.
    Claude. Remember Claude? I assume he's not allowed on there now due to being sectioned or having topped himself?

Football fans have always moaned, though. Thing was, you used to just be able to moan to one or two people and there used to be a sort of gallows humour to it. Now it's just petulance with a potentially global platform.

Very good writer

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Claude. Remember Claude? I assume he's not allowed on there now due to being sectioned or having topped himself?

Football fans have always moaned, though. Thing was, you used to just be able to moan to one or two people and there used to be a sort of gallows humour to it. Now it's just petulance with a potentially global platform.
    Exactly. There used to be a self-deprecating, fatalistic, dry humour on the terraces.

Now everyone's knickers are pulled up their cracks.

Exactly. There used to be a self-deprecating, fatalistic, dry humour on the terraces.

Now everyone's knickers are pulled up their cracks.
    Like so many bad things in our society, it's been allowed to flourish with the decline in casual (non-fatal) violence.

Once upon a time, if some cvnt had started going off like that in public about the club, someone would have told him to shut up and - if he didn't - sparked him out. Now they get turned into YouTube personalities.

Speaking of which, do these morons even get a cut of the action or does the presenter keep it all to himself? I really hope he's raking it in and they're getting fúck all.

when you we're stood in half an inch of piss, you had to have a sense of humour, tbh
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    when you we're stood in half an inch of piss, you had to have a sense of humour, tbh
    The nearest I've ever got to a relegation struggle was when I used to go regularly to West Ham in 88-89 (West Ham mate and I used to alternate West Ham games with Arsenal games). They actually got relegated, but nobody was having hysterics. In fact, many of the fans could be incredibly funny about the shítness of their situation. I distinctly remember laughing uncontrollably at times at some of the comments. Different and better times.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Very good writer
    I’m really not sure about his use of the word dolorously

As most of his fellow Arsenal fans trudged dolorously away from last Saturday’s 2-2 draw with lowly Southampton,

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Some hoofer slices a shot onto the roof of the North Bank an hour into a pitilessly dull 0-0 draw against some nobodies and the bloke standing next to me says, utterly deadpan, "I'll get it."

Just that. I'm still laughing now.