Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Are we really considering employing someone called 'Grandad Holy Ghost' as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is it in jewlanguage? I can't speak fluent jew.
    It's in Jewtalk and Arabtalk (indistinguishable as far as I'm concerned) with the odd bit of English, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mini-Yorkshire puds with roast beef and horseradish are another favourite.

Did I ever tell you about the presser I went to when some mad pervert had made tempura cucumber and not warned anyone? That was one of the worst things I've ever accidentally eaten - right up there with the foie gras mini creme brulee I once ate in France thinking it was a normal creme brulee.
    Good lord - almost as bad as getting everyone to go to place for a launch on the premise of free beer and serving them Budweiser

One suspects that if the IDF put their minds to it they could probably take it, too.

wd the IDF. Doublenailshard when required.
    Didn't go too well for them last time they went into Lebanon, ISTR.

Mind you, tbf, they're damned good against opponents armed with pointed sticks and pieces of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Didn't go too well for them last time they went into Lebanon, ISTR.

Mind you, tbf, they're damned good against opponents armed with pointed sticks and pieces of fruit.
    Like the Egyptian and Syrian air forces?

Like the Egyptian and Syrian air forces?
    To be fair, they rather foolishly hadn't take off

To be fair, you can accuse Israel of many things, but only winning wars against smaller, weaker opponents really isn't among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, they rather foolishly hadn't take off

To be fair, you can accuse Israel of many things, but only winning wars against smaller, weaker opponents really isn't among them.
    No. Surrounded by about 600 million Arabs thirsting for their blood, they seem to generally take the sensible option of defending themselves pretty robustly.

As I say. wd IDF.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm doing goose this year as the cretinous in-laws only arrive for leftovers and ham on Boxing Day.

I'v chosen a Ray White recipe as the starting point. Legs in for 2 1/2 hours, breast for 1 hour. Sounds wonderful.

And bread stuffing cooked separately as only a mad man stuffs the bird itself. With goose stock made from the neck and innards, date, apple and cranberry. And home made foie gras chunks scattered around. All roast vegetables in goose fat.

I may never make turkey again.
    Are you making your own foie gras? Good man. My mate outside Toulouse does that. Gave me a kg one Xmas.

How do you do it? Is it easy?