Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hang on....Emery is still our manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We were never as bad as this. Awful away from home in the final season but could still get the job done at home against the teams we were supposed to beat. Now we just cannot win a game against anyone anywhere.

Basically Arsene was sacked for a lot less than this.
    I disagree - we were never as bad as this under Wenger but that wasn’t why he was sacked imo. He was sacked for a continual degradation in performance over many years with no change in approach being attempted to address that degradation.

You could argue that is worse than being ****ter for a shorter period of time.

Anyway, the important thing is to continue to move on without reference to the past. That is a fool’s exercise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Can we impeach Emery?
    No, you only get impeached for calling someone out for bragging about having done the thing you are getting impeached for.

glwtpimo. We are rightly proud of our past. Of course we're always going to refer to it!

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I disagree - we were never as bad as this under Wenger but that wasn’t why he was sacked imo. He was sacked for a continual degradation in performance over many years with no change in approach being attempted to address that degradation.

Anyway, the important thing is to continue to move on without reference to the past. That is a fool’s exercise imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No, you only get impeached for calling someone out for bragging about having done the thing you are getting impeached for.

Good point. He isn't bragging yet.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Wenger was probably ushered out because the stands were half empty.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I gather you can impeach anyone you want. However, in this case the board would still ultimately have to decide to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Can we impeach Emery?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    glwtpimo. We are rightly proud of our past. Of course we're always going to refer to it!
    I meant the bad bits, red. We should remember only the good bits about Wenger but not use them as a stick to beat the new chap.

That’s the fool’s exercise bit

Even if you didn't actually do dem fings.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Even if you didn't actually do dem fings.
    Unlike the Dems who did do dem fings.

And of course I know that perfectly well. It's a known phenomenon of this medium c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's 'their', h.
    And it's chum not cum