Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good ebening. I have just been bought lunch by an Indian diplomat in exchange for

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good Lord! Didn't they hand out that pamphlet about teen pregnancies at your posh borstal then?

Same here actually
    You're very kind to suggest I might have been a teenager at the time, but sadly I was in my mid-20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Best of cums' is a good one.

My daughter is 21 today. How fúcking old am I?
    21? Give her our bests and salaams if you think of it.

You're not that old. A chap doesn't enter his prime until his mid-50s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're not that old. A chap doesn't enter his prime until his mid-50s.
    I like the sound of this theory. I expect it is due to the comforting and relaxing knowledge that one is only 20 years away from retirement, and being able to enjoy the good life of pipe, slippers, and hearty strolls in and around the falling autumnal leaves of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I like the sound of this theory. I expect it is due to the comforting and relaxing knowledge that one is only 20 years away from retirement, and being able to enjoy the good life of pipe, slippers, and hearty strolls in and around the falling autumnal leaves of life.
    I could actually retire in 2 months from today if I wanted to (or really thought i could afford to)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I have only just returned from Lille yesterday with a car boot filled with wine, cheese and other such things procured en France.

Now, one such thing was a rotie poulet from a local market with potatoes cooked in the fat dripping from the chickens, with some green beans. It sat resting for about 4-5 hours as we made our way home and upon arriving at maison WES we consumed it ravenously.

I must say it was stunning, better than anything we ate in Lille despite the fact that everything we ate in Lille was at least good, some of it very good. Now does my memory fail me or in the past have you not questioned how good roast chicken can actually be?

GG - I had tartare here:

http://www.le-square-d-aramis.com/ac...html#Contenu-1

They had only an Italian or a Thai option which disappointed me. But it must be said that the Thai was quite stunning.
    Was it nice?

Oh, and those spuds under rotisseries always taste lush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was in London. We ate Thai food. He kept asking me if it was 'too spicy?' the racist *******. He engaged in a little extortion and then we parted, best of cums.

I miss being able to do business the right way.
    That's rather civilised.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Best of cums' is a good one.

My daughter is 21 today. How fúcking old am I?
    35?........

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I could actually retire in 2 months from today if I wanted to (or really thought i could afford to)
    I'm sort of retired. I guess I could probably afford to retire, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm sort of retired. I guess I could probably afford to retire, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    There's the problem though. How much is enough? If you're going to sit at home waiting to die, a couple could probably live on £100k (assuming no mortgage, obviously), but if you're going to continue to travel, and eat out, and generally keep yourself amused, you're going to be spending fortunes. Unless you're a school teacher or other leech, I mean public employee, who's got a £200k a year pension?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Was it nice?

Oh, and those spuds under rotisseries always taste lush.
    Quite wonderful. I asked for a traditional tartare and they said no however it must be said that the Thai version was exceptional. Soya sauce, lemon grass, sesame oil, spring onion and chilli. Superb. I did miss getting to mix it all myself though.

I found an exceptional bar for cocktails that also had an 8.5% French beer on tap. Lovely. But the culinary highlight of the trip was the cremerie place in the old city. I spent 50 Euros on cheese and at first tasting it was all worth it.

Their morbier, lord what I would give to have morbier like that in Surrey. And two goats cheeses that clear your nostrils, the wife and children won't go near them.