Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So here it comes - the Labour manifesto and an inevitable surge in the polls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I know. The ungrateful swine vote against their economic interests. This is why we need a proper revolution, so the proles can't be talked out of voting for us by the right-wing papers cos we'd have abolished voting.

Obviously, we have a nomenklatura system to ensure the likes of me are giving the orders. And unfortunately, you'll be in a gulag, but I'll see if I can pull any strings to get extra cabbage.
    He won't be in any gulag I'm afraid. I have personally earmarked him for swift dispatchment down a well, top hat 'n all

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Of course, most of them are stupid enough to think they will somehow be immediately enriched within a couple of months of the actual leave date. They neither understand nor give a hoot about nationhood, sovereignty or democracy. They have simply been hoodwinked into blaming the EU for their misery.
    In fact, according to the Ashcroft Poll, the main reason for voting leave was so that "Laws affecting the UK should be made in the UK". That suggests a fairly firm grasp on sovereignty to me.

Also people have indicated that they would be prepared to take a financial hit in the short term as a price to pay for independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In fact, according to the Ashcroft Poll, the main reason for voting leave was so that "Laws affecting the UK should be made in the UK". That suggests a fairly firm grasp on sovereignty to me.

Also people have indicated that they would be prepared to take a financial hit in the short term as a price to pay for independence.
    Ah the Ashcroft poll, my personal fave is "C'mon People (We're Making It Now)" with a nod to "Surprised by the Joy"

What say you Ash
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Ah the Ashcroft poll, my personal fave is "C'mon People (We're Making It Now)" with a nod to "Surprised by the Joy"

What say you Ash
    I supported Verve in Oxford when they were just an NME band. Arrogant swine they were even then. Wouldn't let us share the dressing room, and we had to drink our rider in the corridor.

Does that grasp extend to recognising that the ECJ only has certain jurisdictions (as an example they have virtually no impact on laws related to crime) and therefore only some of our laws are impacted by the EU? Do they also recognise that if you looked at the EU laws which do impact us you would probably find that the overwhelming majority are laws that we would have passed anyway?

Or do they reduce a relatively complex debate down to a simple soundbite like 'we want control of our laws' that morons like Farage continually peddle?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Does that grasp extend to recognising that the ECJ only has certain jurisdictions (as an example they have virtually no impact on laws related to crime) and therefore only some of our laws are impacted by the EU? Do they also recognise that if you looked at the EU laws which do impact us you would probably find that the overwhelming majority are laws that we would have passed anyway?

Or do they reduce a relatively complex debate down to a simple soundbite like 'we want control of our laws' that morons like Farage continually peddle?
    All of politics is eventually reduced to a soundbite, WES. As we speak, we can feel the hand of history on our shoulders.

Arguably only a moron would have dreamed up the GDPR and rammed it down the throats of not only every business in the EU, but every business on the world that wants to trade with the EU. They call it 'harmonisation'. I call it 'Empire'.

In fact, according to the Ashcroft Poll, the main reason for voting leave was so that "Laws affecting the UK should be made in the UK".
    Is that what they said...really? Stupid little çunts they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Is that what they said...really? Stupid little çunts they are.
    No, what they actually said was "That Mendacious Herbaceous fellow really is bit of a snobby spastic at the end of the day, isn't he?".

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not once it's pointed out how it's actually going to be funded! The public don't generally like paying for stuff through higher/more taxes
    While we have Boris promising £500 for every person because they raise the NI threshold (even though it is worth only £95 per person), so in effect, all parties lie for votes, always have, always will
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    While we have Boris promising £500 for every person because they raise the NI threshold (even though it is worth only £95 per person), so in effect, all parties lie for votes, always have, always will
    You don't seem to understand p even though that nice Mr Raab patiently explained yesterday when justifying the fake fact checking kerfuffle. Labour lies are such terrible lies that the Tories have to lie yet more to compensate and if that means faking Twitter accounts then so be it.