Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So here it comes - the Labour manifesto and an inevitable surge in the polls

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nicely sidestepped, Ash

But the point remains - and there may be no way around it - that the public took a decision which was significantly impacted by superficial soundbites that are filled with inaccuracies and misrepresentations.

I find this offensive.
    Actually I thought the example of the GDPR was quite apposite. Because it is impossible to comply with (given a strict interpretation) it makes most companies law-breakers, hence is a bad law. The EU demands it of not only its own subjects, but of countries outside the EU too.

Your argument boils down to the same one being batted around for nearly four years now, which is that Leavers are stoopid and should not be allowed to vote. I am sick to death of it and have no wish to go round and round in circles for ever. It could equally be said, should one wish to do so, that many Remainers voted the way they did for reasons just as shallow and simplified as those Leavers are accused of.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    have been no Labour adminstrations in the past 100 years. I don't think you have anything to fear. All I'm hearing from the northern rabble is how they are switching to the Tories to get the Brexit they voted for.

Of course, most of them are stupid enough to think they will somehow be immediately enriched within a couple of months of the actual leave date. They neither understand nor give a hoot about nationhood, sovereignty or democracy. They have simply been hoodwinked into blaming the EU for their misery.

They will only keep the Bullingdon Bullshítter in office for one term during which Labour will jettison Jezza and shift rightwards enough for a landslide.

Check all this with Monty
    Here comes communist Herb again....

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Actually I thought the example of the GDPR was quite apposite. Because it is impossible to comply with (given a strict interpretation) it makes most companies law-breakers, hence is a bad law. The EU demands it of not only its own subjects, but of countries outside the EU too.

Your argument boils down to the same one being batted around for nearly four years now, which is that Leavers are stoopid and should not be allowed to vote. I am sick to death of it and have no wish to go round and round in circles for ever. It could equally be said, should one wish to do so, that many Remainers voted the way they did for reasons just as shallow and simplified as those Leavers are accused of.
    Now you're making assumptions that are inaccurate - I am no strong Remainer by any stretch, I'm pretty firmly on the fence, I just want us to get on with it. And my allegation is leveled equally at both sides.

As absurdly pessimistic economic forecasts were to Remain, so Farage and his moronic soundbites were to Leave. I found them both equally offensive.

Now you're making assumptions that are inaccurate - I am no strong Remainer by any stretch, I'm pretty firmly on the fence, I just want us to get on with it. And my allegation is leveled equally at both sides.

As absurdly pessimistic economic forecasts were to Remain, so Farage and his moronic soundbites were to Leave. I found them both equally offensive.
    Farage would argue that May's entire approach to the negotiations - and Parliament agitating to sabotage them - made it impossible to get something close to his favoured version of Brexit. And it's hard to argue that he's entirely wrong.

Can we really say things wouldn't have looked a lot different had a different PM with a larger majority picked up the baton after Cameron?
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Farage would argue that May's entire approach to the negotiations - and Parliament agitating to sabotage them - made it impossible to get something close to his favoured version of Brexit. And it's hard to argue that he's entirely wrong.

Can we really say things wouldn't have looked a lot different had a different PM with a larger majority picked up the baton after Cameron?
    This is the same Farage who campaigned for Leave with the message 'we will leave with a great deal because they need us more than we need them' and who now claims that the only acceptable Brexit is a no deal Brexit?

Forgive me for ignoring the dimwitted, little England moron.

Forgive me for ignoring the dimwitted, little England moron.
    Do you know what 'Little Englander' originally means, without looking it up?