Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So here it comes - the Labour manifesto and an inevitable surge in the polls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Now you're making assumptions that are inaccurate - I am no strong Remainer by any stretch, I'm pretty firmly on the fence, I just want us to get on with it. And my allegation is leveled equally at both sides.

As absurdly pessimistic economic forecasts were to Remain, so Farage and his moronic soundbites were to Leave. I found them both equally offensive.
    Farage would argue that May's entire approach to the negotiations - and Parliament agitating to sabotage them - made it impossible to get something close to his favoured version of Brexit. And it's hard to argue that he's entirely wrong.

Can we really say things wouldn't have looked a lot different had a different PM with a larger majority picked up the baton after Cameron?
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Farage would argue that May's entire approach to the negotiations - and Parliament agitating to sabotage them - made it impossible to get something close to his favoured version of Brexit. And it's hard to argue that he's entirely wrong.

Can we really say things wouldn't have looked a lot different had a different PM with a larger majority picked up the baton after Cameron?
    This is the same Farage who campaigned for Leave with the message 'we will leave with a great deal because they need us more than we need them' and who now claims that the only acceptable Brexit is a no deal Brexit?

Forgive me for ignoring the dimwitted, little England moron.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Forgive me for ignoring the dimwitted, little England moron.
    Do you know what 'Little Englander' originally means, without looking it up?