Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlike Mrs WES, I quite like Rick Stein - but his latest series in France is rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Have you tried andouillette? I had it hot once in Saumur with mustard sauce and managed my way through it. My friend who lives there swears by it. Says once you get the taste you'll love it for life. I haven't got the taste.

Also had some served to me that was cold and slightly pickled as part of a charcuterie plate in Lille. It smelled so vile I never got the courage up to put it in my mouth. The plate included some quite wonderful foie gras. What sort of nut job puts those two things on the same plate?
    Oh, yes. Andouillette is one of those things you have to try - just to say you have. I do d it OK once I got over the overpowering stench of faeces.

I'd eat a hundred of them before I'd try tete de veau again, I'll tell you that. :shudder:

You enjoy Rose w? We can assume therefore you rather enjoy the cock too? It

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not a Riesling fan although I do enjoy white wine as well as red and rose so ner. Nothing wrong with a Puligny-Montrachet, Burney.

Food looked awful. Or to put it another way, German.
    does amuse me how you foodie snobs on the board nearly all employ the technique of occasionally rubbishing a traditional french dish or wine, imagining it makes you appear urbane and knowing

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    does amuse me how you foodie snobs on the board nearly all employ the technique of occasionally rubbishing a traditional french dish or wine, imagining it makes you appear urbane and knowing
    I've met all the food snobs on here, all as common as muck and they think fine dining is using metal knifes and forks (except Wes who isn't allowed to use a fork due to health and safety)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    French food is, generally, fúcking awful. There, I've said it.

Their wine on the other hand...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    French food is, generally, fúcking awful. There, I've said it.

Their wine on the other hand...
    Yeah I don't entirely disagree. It's just that they haven't really moved on in about 50 years or so.

You certainly have to do your homework when eating over there. The produce, however, is much better than in the UK.