Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol! Turns out old Toothytits isn't quite the hit the LibDems thought.

Lol! Turns out old Toothytits isn't quite the hit the LibDems thought.

I appreciate the piece is paywalled, but the headline tells you everything you need to know.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...nds-ffjdlvc8k#

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I appreciate the piece is paywalled, but the headline tells you everything you need to know.

Her party has vowed to be even more austere than the EU itself, while even the Tories are suggesting, I gather, that they would increase public spending.

Balls to all that.

Krazy Komrade Korbyn is now up to 32%.

That is a third of the electorate.

1 person in 3.

I wish I was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Her party has vowed to be even more austere than the EU itself, while even the Tories are suggesting, I gather, that they would increase public spending.
    There is that, but I think it's more that even moderate remainers regard the revoke A50 policy as extremist and anti-democratic.

Plus, a lot of floating voters have probably only just realised she scotch. Importatnt to remember that no party whose leader has a celtic fringe accent has been elected since the advent of mass media. We just don't want 'em in charge.

There is that, but I think it's more that even moderate remainers regard the revoke A50 policy as extremist and anti-democratic.

Plus, a lot of floating voters have probably only just realised she's scotch. Important to remember that no party whose leader has a celtic fringe accent has been elected since the advent of mass media. We just don't want 'em in charge.
    This is where you and I differ... you seem to think they are stupid for standing for their beliefs and should change tac as it means they won't be elected (or get close).

I think that if they want to stand for what they think is right then do it, there are a large number of voters who will agree with them (not enough for them to make a difference).

The 2 main party's will lie and make false claims to the electorate to get in then spend the next 5 years failing to deliver on them.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Balls to all that.

1 person in 3.

I wish I was dead.
    That's one poll. And it still shows him miles behind Boris, who I'm pretty hopeful is about to be elected in spite of having a private life that a Frenchman would consider rather messy. If it happens, it'll be remarkable.

Balls to all that.

1 person in 3.

I wish I was dead.
    Thankfully Tories are a lot higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    This is where you and I differ... you seem to think they are stupid for standing for their beliefs and should change tac as it means they won't be elected (or get close).

I think that if they want to stand for what they think is right then do it, there are a large number of voters who will agree with them (not enough for them to make a difference).

The 2 main party's will lie and make false claims to the electorate to get in then spend the next 5 years failing to deliver on them.
    Oh, please! Don't give me the 'Lib Dems are principled and honourable' bit. They facilitated this election purely for short-term party gain when their most obvious route to remain was to keep Boris nominally in power, but impotent. They sold the 'Remain Coalition' up the river for a few more seats and if it doesn't work for them, I'll laugh my head off.

That's one poll. And it still shows him miles behind Boris, who I'm pretty hopeful is about to be elected in spite of having a private life that a Frenchman would consider rather messy. If it happens, it'll be remarkable.
    If someone other than Corbyn was Labour leader, I'd be worried.

Balls to all that.

1 person in 3.

I wish I was dead.
    If Labour get in I'm moving to Norfolk, I'm convinced politics doesn't matter there. Maybe to farmers but not little old me.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'