Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apparently, Extinction Rebellion protestors have gone on hunger strike in the lobby

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You want to be hand cutting that beef, chum. I use the two knife method, personally, but you dice away as you see fit.
    Every previous time I've made it, I've diced by hand myself. When my mate came back yesterday with it minced, I was shocked. I'd never seen it like that. And he was shocked that I'd make steak tartare any other way. I idea of me chopping by hand seemed weird to him.

But last night, with it minced in a beefburger thingumy, it was fine. My mix of tomato sauce, Lea and Perrins and Tobasco coated each morsel and stuck bits of chopped parsley to each side.

Mixed in onions, shallots and cornichons (for him, capers for me) and then an egg yolk.

Didn't taste any different to my normal, hand cut ones.

And his way of mixing it all together in a bowl (as opposed to mine of using piled up egg poachers to make a disk and put an egg yolk on top with the veg in 3 separate piles round the side) worked a treat. It means I can have 2 egg yolks each tonight.

As I say, I've always hand cut before, but it seems like it saves time without changing the taste or texture.

I had my monthly bath and shave today, as I bought a hat yesterday so could have a hair cut. Given myself a mohican. In the butchers, they were a bit shocked that a punk with an English accent wanted half a kee of fillet put through the grinder.

But they were very helpful in the end. Reckon a côte de boeuf will cost €17-20, instead of €40 at our local one in the 4e. And the Fillet was €30 a kee, not 60.

But yes, hand diced looks better and is more therapeutic. But when it's all mixed up in a bowl, you won't notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don Bradman said Bill O'Reilly (a Catholic) was the best bowler he ever faced. See also: much of Sri Lankan cricket.

You really aren't going to win this one.
    Did any player called JesusMaryHolyGhost ever rip through the England batting line up?

Did Shivaramakrishna in the mid-80s?

I rest my case.

Was there ever a West Indian called Jesusnarine Chanderpaul?

Oooh, look at this, here's a whole XI, including Ganpati-worshippers at 6-11:

6. Pitambar Dutt: He played for various age-group sides for Delhi in the from 1989 to 1994. His last appearance was for the Delhi under-19s in 1994. “Pitambar” refers to Ganesha for wearing yellow clothes.

All Rounders:

7. Kapil Dev (c): Does he need an introduction! One-time leading wicket-taker in Test cricket, the finest all-rounder India has produced and their first World Cup winning captain. Kapil Dev’s cricketing biography can’t be summed up in a few words. Though “Kapila” was the name of a saint, it also refers to Ganesha’s yellowish skin.

8. Ganapathi Vignesh: The Chennai all-rounder made his debut in First-Class cricket in 2002-03 when he represented Tamil Nadu. However, in 2007, he moved to the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and was successful there. In 2010, he was a part of the Chennai Super Kings side that went on to win the Indian Premier League (IPL). His last appearance was for Goa in 2011 and he then played for India at the Hong Kong Sixes. “Ganpati” is one of the most popular names for Ganesha.

9. Gajanan Patwardhan: Patwardhan was a right-handed batsman and a leg-spinner who represented Maharashtra in four matches in the late 1940s and the early 1950s. “Gajanan” refers to Ganesha’s elephant head.

Bowlers:

10. Amit Mishra: The leg-spinner made his debut for India in 2003 and then disappeared for five years. Upon his return in 2008, taking five-wickets on Test debut, Mishra has been on the fringes without establishing his spot in the long-run. He has been vastly successful in the IPL and in 2013 he took 18 wickets in a series against Zimbabwe. “Amit” means someone who cannot be compared with anyone and is one of Ganesha’s names.

11. Dodda Ganesh: The medium-pacer was picked for the tours to South Africa and the West Indies in 1996-97. He made his Test debut at Cape Town and then played his first One-Day International (ODI) against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo. Thereafter, he played three more Tests for India in the Caribbean. In all, he took only 10 international wickets. At the domestic level, he served Karnataka for over ten years and picked up 365 wickets in 104 First-Class matches.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/artic...ant-god-180044

What were you saying about me not winning this one? Oh, ye of little faith, B you heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Did any player called JesusMaryHolyGhost ever rip through the England batting line up?

Did Shivaramakrishna in the mid-80s?

I rest my case.

Was there ever a West Indian called Jesusnarine Chanderpaul?

Oooh, look at this, here's a whole XI, including Ganpati-worshippers at 6-11:

6. Pitambar Dutt: He played for various age-group sides for Delhi in the from 1989 to 1994. His last appearance was for the Delhi under-19s in 1994. “Pitambar” refers to Ganesha for wearing yellow clothes.

All Rounders:

7. Kapil Dev (c): Does he need an introduction! One-time leading wicket-taker in Test cricket, the finest all-rounder India has produced and their first World Cup winning captain. Kapil Dev’s cricketing biography can’t be summed up in a few words. Though “Kapila” was the name of a saint, it also refers to Ganesha’s yellowish skin.

8. Ganapathi Vignesh: The Chennai all-rounder made his debut in First-Class cricket in 2002-03 when he represented Tamil Nadu. However, in 2007, he moved to the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and was successful there. In 2010, he was a part of the Chennai Super Kings side that went on to win the Indian Premier League (IPL). His last appearance was for Goa in 2011 and he then played for India at the Hong Kong Sixes. “Ganpati” is one of the most popular names for Ganesha.

9. Gajanan Patwardhan: Patwardhan was a right-handed batsman and a leg-spinner who represented Maharashtra in four matches in the late 1940s and the early 1950s. “Gajanan” refers to Ganesha’s elephant head.

Bowlers:

10. Amit Mishra: The leg-spinner made his debut for India in 2003 and then disappeared for five years. Upon his return in 2008, taking five-wickets on Test debut, Mishra has been on the fringes without establishing his spot in the long-run. He has been vastly successful in the IPL and in 2013 he took 18 wickets in a series against Zimbabwe. “Amit” means someone who cannot be compared with anyone and is one of Ganesha’s names.

11. Dodda Ganesh: The medium-pacer was picked for the tours to South Africa and the West Indies in 1996-97. He made his Test debut at Cape Town and then played his first One-Day International (ODI) against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo. Thereafter, he played three more Tests for India in the Caribbean. In all, he took only 10 international wickets. At the domestic level, he served Karnataka for over ten years and picked up 365 wickets in 104 First-Class matches.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/artic...ant-god-180044

What were you saying about me not winning this one? Oh, ye of little faith, B you heathen.
    You know that most Christians have relgiously-based names, right? That's why they're called Christian names.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You know that most Christians have relgiously-based names, right? That's why they're called Christian names.
    They're named after saints, not God(s). And ever since the reformation, the civilised non-papists have realised saints are an idiotic concept. I mean, St Bernie. That's a dog, not a God.

I have XI players (and a 12th man) named after Lord Ganesha himself. You don't have 11 Jesuses. Nor do you have a spinner named after 3 Gods in one.

I win.

{What do you do for a living, B? You must be mindlessly bored to be debating this bøllocks with me. But thanks for taking the time, all the same. Still, as you've admitted that Jains and Sikhs are cool, I'm sure Shiva will reward you with an unpward reincarnation, as opposed to coming back as a Septic, a Sperzer or a cockroach. So you haven't wasted your time - you've advanced your progress to Nirvana. Jai Shree Ganesh.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    They're named after saints, not God(s). And ever since the reformation, the civilised non-papists have realised saints are an idiotic concept. I mean, St Bernie. That's a dog, not a God.

I have XI players (and a 12th man) named after Lord Ganesha himself. You don't have 11 Jesuses. Nor do you have a spinner named after 3 Gods in one.

I win.

{What do you do for a living, B? You must be mindlessly bored to be debating this bøllocks with me. But thanks for taking the time, all the same. Still, as you've admitted that Jains and Sikhs are cool, I'm sure Shiva will reward you with an unpward reincarnation, as opposed to coming back as a Septic, a Sperzer or a cockroach. So you haven't wasted your time - you've advanced your progress to Nirvana. Jai Shree Ganesh.}
    That's because naming your child 'God' would be appalling blasphemy (OK, the dagoes call their kids Jesus, but what can you expect from spics?). We only have the one God, y'see? It's not an absurd smorgasbord of silly-looking deities like your savage Hindoo has.