Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearly the whole Prince Andrew thing was quite funny and spectacularly ill-advised,

Clearly the whole Prince Andrew thing was quite funny and spectacularly ill-advised,

but am I alone in not really being able to see what the fuss is about?

I mean clearly hanging about with Epstein isn't great and his judgement in continuing to associate with him after he was charged was písspoor, but in terms of actual allegations, the only one that I can make out (or at least which has any testimony to support it) is that he had consensual sex whilst single with someone who was over the age of consent - and he categorically denies even that.

Everything else is damning him by association and unsubstantiated rumours. I mean at worst he's guilty of being as thick as pigshít and a bit sleazy.

But maybe I'm missing something.

I think the 'problematic' bit might be that she was sex-trafficked to the UK for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think the 'problematic' bit might be that she was sex-trafficked to the UK for him.
    That's pretty dubious - nowhere in her account has she satisfactorily explained how she was coerced into being flown around the world on private jets to fúck people and even her lawyers describe her account as 'fictionalised' - but even if it were true you'd have to prove Prince Andrew had prior knowledge of this trafficking to have anything on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That's hardly his fault though, is it?

Who amongst us can say, hand on heart, that they know for certain that the glw wasn't sex trafficked for one's pleasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    but am I alone in not really being able to see what the fuss is about?

I mean clearly hanging about with Epstein isn't great and his judgement in continuing to associate with him after he was charged was písspoor, but in terms of actual allegations, the only one that I can make out (or at least which has any testimony to support it) is that he had consensual sex whilst single with someone who was over the age of consent - and he categorically denies even that.

Everything else is damning him by association and unsubstantiated rumours. I mean at worst he's guilty of being as thick as pigshít and a bit sleazy.

But maybe I'm missing something.
    The man's a fúcking war hero, being tried an convicted by a mob.

I smell the hand of Corbyn behind this somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's hardly his fault though, is it?

Who amongst us can say, hand on heart, that they know for certain that the glw wasn't sex trafficked for one's pleasure?
    If I give you a gift, you don't ask me if I stole it, do you? That would be the height of bad manners.

Equally, if an American billionaire turns up with some young strumpet who's prepared to knob one, one's first question isn't likely to be 'Hello, my dear. Before we commence, could you just confirm for me that you haven't been trafficked?', is it?

If I give you a gift, you don't ask me if I stole it, do you? That would be the height of bad manners.

Equally, if an American billionaire turns up with some young strumpet who's prepared to knob one, one's first question isn't likely to be 'Hello, my dear. Before we commence, could you just confirm for me that you haven't been trafficked?', is it?
    Christ no, in those circumstances the only polite thing for a gentleman to do is to remove one's boots and get fired right up it. Afterwards, assuming one has enjoyed the experience, it would be apprpriate to remove one's hat also.

The man's a fúcking war hero, being tried an convicted by a mob.

I smell the hand of Corbyn behind this somewhere.
    Hilariously, I saw that dreadful Mirror hack Kevin McGuire on twitter earlier alleging that Prince Andrew was being used to draw attention away from the Labour election message - just as his splitting up from Fergie was used in 1992 to help Major win against Kinnock.

Issa conspirass!

Christ no, in those circumstances the only polite thing for a gentleman to do is to remove one's boots and get fired right up it. Afterwards, assuming one has enjoyed the experience, it would be apprpriate to remove one's hat also.
    Poor old fella had his sweat glands shot off in the war, ffs! He's earned the right to bed random young totty imo.

Poor old fella had his sweat glands shot off in the war, ffs! He's earned the right to bed random young totty imo.
    He'd have been much better off fronting up. "Yes, I climbed her because, like Everest, she was there. What, indeed, of it?"