Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imagine calling a football team 'Montreal Impact'

Imagine calling a football team 'Montreal Impact'

I wonder how Tel's getting on with the weird Quebecois accent?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I wonder how Tel's getting on with the weird Quebecois accent?
    Quebecois innit.

They're like the French but without a decent culture and the only thing admirable about the French is their culture.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Quebecois innit.

They're like the French but without a decent culture and the only thing admirable about the French is their culture.
    I've always thought the English (and latterly the non-French Canadians) were too soft on them. Indulging their French-speaking nonsense and letting the cheeky sods bang on about independence - ridicules. Look where it's got them - two Trudeaus as Prime Ministers and everything has to be in two different languages, ffs!

They should have persecuted them savagely and forced them to assimilate. I'd have flogged them within an inch of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've always thought the English (and latterly the non-French Canadians) were too soft on them. Indulging their French-speaking nonsense and letting the cheeky sods bang on about independence - ridicules. Look where it's got them - two Trudeaus as Prime Ministers and everything has to be in two different languages, ffs!

They should have persecuted them savagely and forced them to assimilate. I'd have flogged them within an inch of their lives.
    Yes, I would have assumed that was your position.

Someone once told me when I was a young man in Canada 'always remember, the Quebecois are Latins, they want to be led' - so the thing is the buggers are 25% of the population and they tend to vote en bloc. So all politicians tend to try and placate them or they think they have no chance of being elected.

Hence why virtually ever Canadian PM is bilingual.

Quebecois innit.

Culture is quite a major thing tbf. Liberty, Equality, Fraternity is quite stirring too IMO.

Then there's the baguettes. Some good footballers down the years. And one sublime manager, even if he was a leetle beet German. The women can be fun, if a little mad at times.

Not so keen on the chansons though, and the snail-scoffing can phuck right off imo.

Yes, I would have assumed that was your position.

Someone once told me when I was a young man in Canada 'always remember, the Quebecois are Latins, they want to be led' - so the thing is the buggers are 25% of the population and they tend to vote en bloc. So all politicians tend to try and placate them or they think they have no chance of being elected.

Hence why virtually ever Canadian PM is bilingual.
    Madness. Did Wolfe die on the Plains of Abraham just so a bunch of frogs could put themselves about pretending to be important? No, he did not.

Quebecois innit.

they have great swearwords to be fair.
    TABARNAK!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Culture is quite a major thing tbf. Liberty, Equality, Fraternity is quite stirring too IMO.

Then there's the baguettes. Some good footballers down the years. And one sublime manager, even if he was a leetle beet German. The women can be fun, if a little mad at times.

Not so keen on the chansons though, and the snail-scoffing can phuck right off imo.
    Yes, they're good at the rhetoric, but the actual outcome of their Liberty, Equality and Fraternity was a decade of domestic terror culminating in a military dictatorship that plunged Europe into nearly 20 years of total war. That was followed, of course, by half a century of more kings, more revolutions, another Emperor and eventually getting their arses handed to them by the Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    TABARNAK!
    You have to be careful with that one, Fash. Some of them take that one awfully seriously.

Still, I can forgive them as they are responsible for poutine, the greatest comfort food in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    TABARNAK!
    ooh I like that won TABARNAK Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'