https://www.theposttruthpost.co.uk/2...bal-tea-spill/
    Of course the Tories slap them down with their superior Commodore 64
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nice impartial source there, shallow and one-sided. It doesn't even mention their actual offices in Temple Place (the mill in Fife is just a registered office). They are about much more than a bunch of tweets, they are about a whole network of journalists around Europe (they call them 'clusters') all ready to pipe up simultaneously on the talking-point of the day, to create a narrative. Attacking JC is just one of their jobs.
    The Sunday Mail isn't exactly impartial, tbh.

And these 'smears'...would they by any chance consist of repeating facts about things Corbyn has done and said by any chance?

Not so much smears as biography, in fact.

Nice impartial source there, shallow and one-sided. It doesn't even mention their actual offices in Temple Place (the mill in Fife is just a registered office). They are about much more than a bunch of tweets, they are about a whole network of journalists around Europe (they call them 'clusters') all ready to pipe up simultaneously on the talking-point of the day, to create a narrative. Attacking JC is just one of their jobs.
    Oh I know. It only takes about 30 seconds of perusing Twitter for it to become abundantly obvious that the platform is absolutely flooded with fake accounts pushing narratives and generally stoking tensions.

It's all pretty grubby and depressing, of course, but I'm not necessarily convinced that a climate of disinformation is worse than what it replaced which was a climate of limited, parochial information. Was someone really better informed when they read one newspaper pushing one perspective, as was the case in most households pre-Internet?

If nothing else, it seems rather snobbish of you to assume that you're able to wade through the fake news and form balanced opinions, but others aren't, you filthy elitist remainer c*nt
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-12-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Of course the Tories slap them down with their superior Commodore 64
    I hope you aren't trying to suggest the Commodore 64 was superior to the Speccy, bb.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh I know. It only takes about 30 seconds of perusing Twitter for it to become abundantly obvious that the platform is absolutely flooded with fake accounts pushing narratives and generally stoking tensions.

It's all pretty grubby and depressing, of course, but I'm not necessarily convinced that a climate of disinformation is worse than what it replaced which was a climate of limited information. Was someone really better informed when they read one newspaper pushing one perspective, as was the case in most households pre-Internet?

If nothing else, it seems rather snobbish of you to assume that you're able to wade through the fake news and form balanced opinions, but others aren't, you filthy elitist remainer c*nt
    Well, I do spend about three tragic hours a night on the case, tbf. Maybe I'll dig something out tonight for you on the II that goes deeper than either the Speccy or the DM.

Well, I do spend about three tragic hours a night on the case, tbf. Maybe I'll dig something out tonight for you on the II that goes deeper than either the Speccy or the DM.
    Does any of it talk about Momentum's (i.e. Labour's) army of social media "outriders", or is that different?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I hope you aren't trying to suggest the Commodore 64 was superior to the Speccy, bb.
    Well my cousin had the ZX and I had the 64 so err yeah

Am I right in thinking the ZX was more your nerds comp and the 64 more for games?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Does any of it talk about Momentum's (i.e. Labour's) army of social media "outriders", or is that different?
    Oddly enough, I know one of Corbyn's more mental online attack dogs. She's the ex of an old mate - mother of his son, in fact - and later I worked at the same company as her. She has always been absolutely fúcking mental. She used to call herself '@lableftvoice' and her name is Sally Eason. She's constantly attacking Jews... sorry, 'Zionism' under the smokescreen of claiming that she is Jewish herself. Which is funny because she certainly didn't used to be Jewish when I knew her. Can you develop Jewishness? Like cancer?

If you google her name, you'll get plenty of info. She is - and has always been - a c@nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oddly enough, I know one of Corbyn's more mental online attack dogs. She's the ex of an old mate - mother of his son, in fact - and later I worked at the same company as her. She has always been absolutely fúcking mental. She used to call herself '@lableftvoice' and her name is Sally Eason. She's constantly attacking Jews... sorry, 'Zionism' under the smokescreen of claiming that she is Jewish herself. Which is funny because she certainly didn't used to be Jewish when I knew her. Can you develop Jewishness? Like cancer?

If you google her name, you'll get plenty of info. She is - and has always been - a c@nt.
    Yes, I saw that total arsehole Jolyon "I've got a raging Jolyon" Maugham playing the Jew card recently, while trying to convince people that while refusing to vote for Labour due to their anti-Semitism was a reasonable position, it's also fine to vote for them because of Tory austerity.

Can you imagine in your wildest dreams anyone on the left EVER suggesting institutional racism is a reasonable price to pay for getting a party elected when the race in question is anyone other than the heebs?
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-12-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Yes, I saw that total arsehole Jolyon "I've got a raging Jolyon" Maugham playing the Jew card recently, while trying to convince people that while refusing to vote for Labour due to their anti-Semitism was a reasonable position, it's also fine to vote for them because of Tory austerity.

Can you imagine in your wildest dreams anyone on the left EVER suggesting institutional racism is a reasonable price to pay for getting a party elected when the race in question is anyone other than the heebs?
    Mate, I can't imagine why anyone who's got no Jewish blood would ever want to pretend they have. I mean...urggh.

Seriously, though, you just know the minute anyone who's not Jewish starts to claim they are 1/32th Christ-killer that they're about to try and justify voting for Corbyn. It's the acceptable racism.

But the minute you try and suggest bringing back black slavery, people lose their fúcking shít