Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So given there's almost certainly going to be further horse trading between

So given there's almost certainly going to be further horse trading between

the Brexit Party and the Tories to allow Farage a clear run at a handful of winnable Labour Leave seats and and the Tories a massive chunk of winnable marginals, it's looking pretty f*cking good for Boris right now.

I'm certainly not counting my chickens yet, but.....but.....

Poor Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    the Brexit Party and the Tories to allow Farage a clear run at a handful of winnable Labour Leave seats and and the Tories a massive chunk of winnable marginals, it's looking pretty f*cking good for Boris right now.

Poor Jorge
    is he still Tory bashing on Twitter?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Poor Jorge
    That's my tentative take, too. And, judging by the number of remainers running around shítting themselves at the moment, they were banking on BP as their last hope.
    Seriously, you've now got remain die-hards who are also trenchant critics of Corbyn's anti-semitism like Nick Cohen and David Aaronovitch advocating Lib/Lab pacts that would put Corbyn in Number 10. They're that panicked.

You love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    is he still Tory bashing on Twitter?
    Just had a look. He's calling everyone Russian agents, which is the last step before smearing yourself in your own excrement and wearing a tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's my tentative take, too. And, judging by the number of remainers running around shítting themselves at the moment, they were banking on BP as their last hope.
    Seriously, you've now got remain die-hards who are also trenchant critics of Corbyn's anti-semitism like Nick Cohen and David Aaronovitch advocating Lib/Lab pacts that would put Corbyn in Number 10. They're that panicked.

You love to see it.
    I don't really see that Labour have any cards to play to counter it, either. I might be wrong, but it feels like they've dug themselves in too deep to enter a meaningful remain alliance. They'll basically be left hoping for a catastrophic Tory scandal, which is, of course, eminently possible...

If the polls start creeping up for the Tories over the coming days, it will be tempting to think they're home and dry

This could - COULD - be beautiful.
    Last edited by Monty92; 11-12-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Just had a look. He's calling everyone Russian agents, which is the last step before smearing yourself in your own excrement and wearing a tinfoil hat.
    He was ripping Boris for the upside down wreath the other day.

If I were agitating to put Jeremy Corbyn into Number 10, I'd be avoiding all mention of wreaths...

Poor Jorge
    Boris in charge, what could possibly go wrong
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Boris in charge, what could possibly go wrong
    Yeah, what an electoral liability the two-time London mayor

I thought it was all about the Tories selling out the UK to the good ol' USofA

Could the lefties please make their fúcking minds up?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I don't really see that Labour have any cards to play to counter it, either. I might be wrong, but it feels like they've dug themselves in too deep to enter a meaningful remain alliance. They'll basically be left hoping for a catastrophic Tory scandal, which is, of course, eminently possible...

If the polls start showing the Tories creeping up over the coming days, it will be tempting to think they're home and dry

This could - COULD - be beautiful.
    More importantly, the LibDems won't do it. They agreed to this election because they saw an opportunity to gain seats from both Labour and the Tories by having an election pre-Brexit (stopping which is the only one of their policies their voters actually care about). They're not going to risk the prospect of getting back to 2010 numbers of MPs by getting into bed with Corbyn.

I am too terrified of the alternative to risk confidence, but if I were truly objective and had to make a bet, it'd only be one way.