Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Home game against Barnsley - 1997 I think.

Home game against Barnsley - 1997 I think.

We gubbed 'em. Anyways, I was supposed to be doing some Skygod thing on the day so hadn't got a ticket, but it got cancelled so I dashed to Highbury thinking I'd blag a ticket from a chum. No one around so I asked a tout how much. "Fifty quid?" I spluttered. "Fifty quid for Barnsley?"

Dennis' opening goal was worth the £50 all on its own.

[QUOTE=Sir C;4250817]We gubbed 'em. Anyways, I was supposed to be doing some Skygod thing on the day so hadn't got a ticket, but it got cancelled so I dashed to Highbury thinking I'd blag a ticket from a chum. No one around so I asked a tout how much. "Fifty quid?" I spluttered. "Fifty quid for Barnsley?"

Ah, but.
    God10's goal away at Barnsley was something to behold. Started the ball towards me (on the terracing) and bent it in.

Blimey, I used to go to a few away matches each season. Must have been mad.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

[QUOTE=IUFG;4250818]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We gubbed 'em. Anyways, I was supposed to be doing some Skygod thing on the day so hadn't got a ticket, but it got cancelled so I dashed to Highbury thinking I'd blag a ticket from a chum. No one around so I asked a tout how much. "Fifty quid?" I spluttered. "Fifty quid for Barnsley?"

Ah, but.
    God10's goal away at Barnsley was something to behold. Started the ball towards me (on the terracing) and bent it in.

I went to lots of aways between 79 and 88, then a few between 2004 and 2008.

I'm now trying really hard to work out why.

[QUOTE=IUFG;4250818]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Ah, but.

I was at that game....and I was at Barnsely yesterday for Under 9's football. It is still a **** hole
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

[QUOTE=Sir C;4250819]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

I went to lots of aways between 79 and 88, then a few between 2004 and 2008.

I'm now trying really hard to work out why.
    a) you were single
    b) you didn't like your Mrs
    c) you were waiting for SW to buy you a drink
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar