Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: someone say something to make it better please

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not at all. But I certainly identified as an Arsenal supporter at 7. Or a Palace supporter. I forget the chronology.
    And if, when you were 7, someone had told you that Crystal Palace had won the league the year before, you'd have thought of it as an event from pre-history. I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And if, when you were 7, someone had told you that Crystal Palace had won the league the year before, you'd have thought of it as an event from pre-history. I reckon.
    Possibly true. Mind you, at that time I would have been more concerned about Vince Hilaire, who at that time I was pretty sure was the greatest footballer in history.

Vince Hilaire!
    I remember him earning plenty of plaudits back in the day - a very exciting black pearl
    Terry Neill tried to sign him one Transfer Deadline day...but ended up with Peter Nicholas instead
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Vince Hilaire!
    I remember him earning plenty of plaudits back in the day - a very exciting black pearl
    Terry Neill tried to sign him one Transfer Deadline day...but ended up with Peter Nicholas instead
    Were there deadline days back then? Did the window slam shut?

So from this thread we have learnt that Sir C started supporting Arsenal because they were the champions at the time, basically the Man City of this moment in 1971 and that Berni was a Crystal Palace supporter before deciding to switch, presumably for the same reasons as Sir C

Yep
    Always around mid March but, as with FA Cup draws heard on Radio 2, we didn't see any of it
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lord no. Until I was 25 or so it never even occurred to me that we might win the league one day. That was something other teams did...

It just used to be, you know... nice. Watching Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires and Patrick Vieira playing such remarkably attractive football. It made a chap puff his chest out a bit and feel sort of special, if you will. Reflected glory, how very illogical! Still. It was good fun at the time.
    I saw Dennis Bergkamp make a most exquisite pass to Ian Wright at Hillsborough; it made me glad to be alive.

Wrighty missed.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    So from this thread we have learnt that Sir C started supporting Arsenal because they were the champions at the time, basically the Man City of this moment in 1971 and that Berni was a Crystal Palace supporter before deciding to switch, presumably for the same reasons as Sir C
    To be fair to my young self, I think someone deciding to follow the shítshow that was pre-Graham Arsenal would struggle to be called a gloryhunter

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Possibly true. Mind you, at that time I would have been more concerned about Vince Hilaire, who at that time I was pretty sure was the greatest footballer in history.
    Good player. Better kit.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Good player. Better kit.
    I have only ever been a full-kit wánker once in my life and it was with that kit. The shirt was just beautiful.

I have no idea why Palace have ever worn any other kit, the lunatics.