Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We used to score goals like that under Arsène.

[QUOTE=WES;4250815]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

What a bizarre argument.

If the club said that they couldn't find a manager better than Wenger I would have suggested they look a bit harder. If it happens that they got it wrong that doesn't in any way invalidate the decision to replace him. Wenger wasn't sacked because of how good Emery was perceived to be, he was sacked because his performance was deemed to be poor and that view is backed up by the statistics.

And, like Bunnell, you keep ignoring the facts that you don't like. Emery did improve us last year in virtually every way you could measure it. That is inconsistent with your oft stated view that he is much, much worse so I suggest you continue to ignore it. And it is you and people who feel like you who are the ones moaning and whining like little babies despite the fact that we are only 12 games into his second season.

The sensible people just want to give him a chance and then move on if he doesn't work out. That's how well managed football clubs work. They don't sack a manager the first chance they get nor do they persist with a manager who clearly is under-performing for nostalgic reasons. Not too sure that any of this is that difficult.
    Quite a bold shout given that, in our 123-year history, we have never found a manager better than Wenger.

As to the rest of your argument, it's drivel. To take just one point, the idea that Emery improved us in every area is laughable because if that were the case, we would be better this season - whereas we are in fact a complete fúcking shambles. That can only be due to the manager. Or are you suggesting he's gone from being good last season to utterly hopeless this season?

And since the only significant player we lost between last season and this is the one you've assured us for years was shít, it's doubly mysterious. Almost like you have zero fúcking idea what you're talking about.

The decision to appoint Emery was contingent on Wenger being turfed out. The one decision stems entirely from the other. Watching those of you who squealed like pigs for this to happen squirming and refusing to own the mess you've helped create is hilarious.

[QUOTE=Burney;4250825]
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Quite a bold shout given that, in our 123-year history, we have never found a manager better than Wenger.

As to the rest of your argument, it's drivel. To take just one point, the idea that Emery improved us in every area is laughable because if that were the case, we would be better this season - whereas we are in fact a complete fúcking shambles. That can only be due to the manager. Or are you suggesting he's gone from being good last season to utterly hopeless this season?

And since the only significant player we lost between last season and this is the one you've assured us for years was shít, it's doubly mysterious. Almost like you have zero fúcking idea what you're talking about.

The decision to appoint Emery was contingent on Wenger being turfed out. The one decision stems entirely from the other. Watching those of you who squealed like pigs for this to happen squirming and refusing to own the mess you've helped create is hilarious.
    I would suggest we have had quite a few managers better than AW was in his later years...which is why we needed a change, that isn't too hard to understand is it?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

[QUOTE=Pokster;4250830]

I would suggest we have had quite a few managers better than AW was in his later years...which is why we needed a change, that isn't too hard to understand is it?
    Was Don Howe, at his (ahem) best, betterer than Wenger at his worst?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

[QUOTE=IUFG;4250833]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

You could argue that results wise Rioch was better than AW towards the end...in those days the board had a plan so didn't mind getting rid of someone if they had someone better (in their opinion) lined up...see Lukic v Seaman
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

[QUOTE=Burney;4250825]

I'm afraid this is nonsense and the only person squealing is you and people like you. Wenger was sacked because of a consistent degradation in results over many years followed by two consecutive seasons in which we missed the CL including his last season in which one of the ten richest clubs in the world finished 6th in their domestic league and with a points total closer to relegation than to the title.

Emery was then deemed to be the best available replacement. If that is the wrong choice we will move on to the next manager until we get it right. Wenger, meanwhile, is still unemployed. This is another fact that you need to continue to ignore.

[QUOTE=IUFG;4250833]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

No. No he was not.

Actually Emery's team reminds me very much of a Don Howe team. Absolutely no imagination going forward whatsoever, and liable to concede pretty much any time.

[QUOTE=Sir C;4250838]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

No. No he was not.

Actually Emery's team reminds me very much of a Don Howe team. Absolutely no imagination going forward whatsoever, and liable to concede pretty much any time.
    oh, what about this then?

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

[QUOTE=Pokster;4250830]

Our trophy cabinet and an average league position of 2.74 over 22 years say you're wrong.

[QUOTE=WES;4250837]

I'm afraid this is nonsense and the only person squealing is you and people like you. Wenger was sacked because of a consistent degradation in results over many years followed by two consecutive seasons in which we missed the CL including his last season in which one of the ten richest clubs in the world finished 6th in their domestic league and with a points total closer to relegation than to the title.

Emery was then deemed to be the best available replacement. If that is the wrong choice we will move on to the next manager until we get it right. Wenger, meanwhile, is still unemployed. This is another fact that you need to continue to ignore.
    No, sorry. You can't demand our greatest-ever manager is sacked and then wash your hands of the fúck-up that decision creates. That's just a cowardly abdication of responsibility.
    And the fact is you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't have spent so long trying to convince us that Emery wasn't shít. You've been his biggest cheerleader for a season and a half because you were desperate for him to succeed in order to vindicate the decision to get rid of Wenger. He hasn't and now you're trying to pretend that the current situation has nothing to do with you and you'd have done it all differently. Well I'm not going to let you get away with it, I'm afraid. Every member of the Wengerahti bears responsibility for this - you just don't like being called on it.

Wenger, meanwhile, is still unemployed.
    'E's not unemployed. 'E's restin'.