Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We used to score goals like that under Arsène.

Well you could always lead by example b and proffer your own apology first ..

[QUOTE=Burney;4250712]
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post

And yet no serious person could possibly suggest we wouldn’t be doing better than we are now if he were still in charge.

Personally, I think Emery should be kept in place until the anti-AW ingrates have the decency to admit how utterly fùcking wrong they were to hound him out.
    boredom wasn't it?

[QUOTE=Herbert Augustus Chapman;4250758]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

boredom wasn't it?
    Oh, but I never thought or suggested for one moment things would be better without Arsene and therefore have nothing for which to apologise. Indeed, I was pretty damn sure they'd be worse (and have been proved right).
    I just couldn't abide the endless back-and-forth of seeing us perform about as well as could be expected season-in, season-out and AW then being pilloried by the serried ranks of arseholes we call fans. It was boring. Mischievously, I thought it might be rather fun if they got what they wished for. It is.

[QUOTE=Burney;4250757]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post

Nothing to be done. Bloke owns the place. He can do what he likes. We're just punters.

and here lies the Arsenal Football Club (1885-2011).
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Mischievously, I thought it might be rather fun if they got what they wished for. It is.
    I have the same feeling about leaving the EU with no deal. I'd rather like to be a fly on the wall when the witless proles discover they can no longer afford to fly over to Spain and take a week long shít on some hapless Spanish resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I have the same feeling about leaving the EU with no deal. I'd rather like to be a fly on the wall when the witless proles discover they can no longer afford to fly over to Spain and take a week long shít on some hapless Spanish resort.
    Why won't they be able to afford to go to Spain?

[QUOTE=WES;4250752]
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post

It wasn't clear at the end of last season when he clearly improved us in every statistical category.

But I agree he is performing very poorly now, however I would still give him to the end of the year and then take a decision.
    At the end of last season it required a little qualitative insight. Now it's obvious to every tom, dick and harry.
    Last edited by AFC East; 11-11-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why won't they be able to afford to go to Spain?
    Because Sterling, you know, the currency no-one ever went broke shorting, would plummet even below parity with The Euro. You know, the currency brexiteers have been promising will collapse (always any day now). It won't.

[QUOTE=Burney;4250756]
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

So getting rid of someone on the grounds that they're 'failing', only for their replacement to redefine the concept of failure by being much, much worse doesn't for one moment make you wonder whether the initial decision may have been flawed, no?

Extraordinary.
    You understand that replacing Wenger and replacing Wenger with Emery are different things right? You understand that one of those things might be right while the other is wrong?

I’d like to think you do.

[QUOTE=WES;4250778]

You understand that replacing Wenger and replacing Wenger with Emery are different things right? You understand that one of those things might be right while the other is wrong?

I’d like to think you do.
    I see. So, if in January 2018 the board had said that they'd looked at replacing Wenger, but the best available option was a bit shít, so they'd put the decision on hold for another season until a better candidate was available, you'd have been fine with that, I assume? You wouldn't have píssed and moaned like a big fúcking baby about getting Wenger out at all?

[QUOTE=Burney;4250780]
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I see. So, if in January 2018 the board had said that they'd looked at replacing Wenger, but the best available option was a bit shít, so they'd put the decision on hold for another season until a better candidate was available, you'd have been fine with that, I assume? You wouldn't have píssed and moaned like a big fúcking baby about getting Wenger out at all?

What a bizarre argument.

If the club said that they couldn't find a manager better than Wenger I would have suggested they look a bit harder. If it happens that they got it wrong that doesn't in any way invalidate the decision to replace him. Wenger wasn't sacked because of how good Emery was perceived to be, he was sacked because his performance was deemed to be poor and that view is backed up by the statistics.

And, like Bunnell, you keep ignoring the facts that you don't like. Emery did improve us last year in virtually every way you could measure it. That is inconsistent with your oft stated view that he is much, much worse so I suggest you continue to ignore it. And it is you and people who feel like you who are the ones moaning and whining like little babies despite the fact that we are only 12 games into his second season.

The sensible people just want to give him a chance and then move on if he doesn't work out. That's how well managed football clubs work. They don't sack a manager the first chance they get nor do they persist with a manager who clearly is under-performing for nostalgic reasons. Not too sure that any of this is that difficult.