Gwen
    Torreira
    Kolasinac

Ozil

Aboomerang
    Lacazette

Good luck to him...

Martinez, Sokratis, Tyranny, Saka, Willock, Pepe and Fartinelli
    Quite decent I think, might not get totally thrashed!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Leno

Chambers
    Luiz
    Holding

Bellend
    Gwen
    Torreira
    Kolasinac

Ozil

Aboomerang
    Lacazette

Good luck to him...

Martinez, Sokratis, Tyranny, Saka, Willock, Pepe and Fartinelli
    So play Tierney against some poncey europa league team midweek and have to rest him today? Banghead , totally banghead

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Quite decent I think, might not get totally thrashed!
    I don't like three at the back.

Hector's not a wing-back. (Look at the time when AW went to 3 at the back. He dropped Hector for Ox.}

Hector needs a winger in front of him to play his overlapping 1-2s with. He has the pace to get passed the full back and the ability to deliver a top class ball into the box from the byline. His run will also draw a defender allowing our winger to cut inside instead if they want. But he needs that man to play with.

If him and Pépé had a season together on the right wing, I'd hope they'd bring out the best in each other.

This team is so unbalanced.

At the start of last season, we had a 20 game unbeaten run when the team were still playing Wengerball, before they got Dicked. We had Rambo and Ozil in MF, meaning that we could switch between Laca and Auba during the game.

But now, given Laca and Auba are the only 2 players with ability he trusts, he's trying to fit both in.

So we spunk loads of a right-winger, but Auba's wasted on the left. And now Ozil's come back that means we have him behind the 2 strikers, meaning we can't play with wingers.

There isn't any way we can fit our four most expensive ever signings in the same starting XI.

Madness.

Ideally, we'd want someone like AMN who could play on the left wing.

Back 4, 2 DMs, Ozil, and then the front 3 of Pépé, one of the strikers and the left-sided AMN would can attack like a winger, but also slot into MF when Pépé is going forward, like Parlour did with Overmars and Freddie did with Bobby P.

Then you have one striker on the bench for backup fire-power. If we're winning, just swap the strikers during the game. Or you have the option of Laca taking MO's no.10 role. Or to go to two up front.

But I think Dick hasn't got a clue how to pick his first XI from the players he has.

Love to see Ozil play a blinder, though

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I don't like three at the back.

Hector's not a wing-back. (Look at the time when AW went to 3 at the back. He dropped Hector for Ox.}

Hector needs a winger in front of him to play his overlapping 1-2s with. He has the pace to get passed the full back and the ability to deliver a top class ball into the box from the byline. His run will also draw a defender allowing our winger to cut inside instead if they want. But he needs that man to play with.

If him and Pépé had a season together on the right wing, I'd hope they'd bring out the best in each other.

This team is so unbalanced.

At the start of last season, we had a 20 game unbeaten run when the team were still playing Wengerball, before they got Dicked. We had Rambo and Ozil in MF, meaning that we could switch between Laca and Auba during the game.

But now, given Laca and Auba are the only 2 players with ability he trusts, he's trying to fit both in.

So we spunk loads of a right-winger, but Auba's wasted on the left. And now Ozil's come back that means we have him behind the 2 strikers, meaning we can't play with wingers.

There isn't any way we can fit our four most expensive ever signings in the same starting XI.

Madness.

Ideally, we'd want someone like AMN who could play on the left wing.

Back 4, 2 DMs, Ozil, and then the front 3 of Pépé, one of the strikers and the left-sided AMN would can attack like a winger, but also slot into MF when Pépé is going forward, like Parlour did with Overmars and Freddie did with Bobby P.

Then you have one striker on the bench for backup fire-power. If we're winning, just swap the strikers during the game. Or you have the option of Laca taking MO's no.10 role. Or to go to two up front.

But I think Dick hasn't got a clue how to pick his first XI from the players he has.

Love to see Ozil play a blinder, though
    Well you've certainly píssed on my chips there
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Well you've certainly píssed on my chips there
    Hope I'm wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

The unbeaten run was all about Wengerball, starting with Laca, bring on Auba and then talking Laca off after a bit. We kept both fresh and Auba would score two in 30 mins from the bench.

The FBs got the support of Iwobi and HM who would cover back, drop into MF when required and play 1-2s with the FBs.

Dick hasn't got a clue how to get the best from this squad and it all feels random atm. At the start of last season, he played with a set first XI and it worked. Auba seemed happy enough to come of the bench against tired legs, have about 10 mins playing with his mate Laca, and scoring a couple of goals. Laca's strength at the start, Auba's pace late on.

Yet we spend a fortune on a winger and we're now not playing with one.

After Saka had a good game in a cup game (based on a couple of decent touches against ten tired men, he got promoted to the first team, but since he's not been with Freddie and forced to try and work out wtf Dick is saying, he's gone backwards.

Just imagine what Arsène would do with this generation of kids......

It is difficult to incorporate Ozil and / Pepe alongside Lacazette and Aboomerang in any formation involving a back 4

What u end up with is a massive imbalance resulting in us being run through worse that expired Tesco savers microwave curry

352 gets the best out of them

Well they look slightly better than the last few games. Even got the ball in the opponent's box.