Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It’s beyond funny

It’s beyond funny

Clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Clowns
    Funny how things got worse when Arsene left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Funny how things got worse when Arsene left.
    But they didn't, higher league finish and the final of the EL. Was never going to be easy replacing a legend, the first manager after is in an almost impossible position. He is likely to leave this season but we now have a better transfer policy as it has been taken out of the managers hands, so if we make the correct choice the future looks quite good to me
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    But they didn't, higher league finish and the final of the EL. Was never going to be easy replacing a legend, the first manager after is in an almost impossible position. He is likely to leave this season but we now have a better transfer policy as it has been taken out of the managers hands, so if we make the correct choice the future looks quite good to me
    If Arsene was here under the new regime we would be lightyears ahead of where we are with Unai.

- Players wouldn't be confused about the position/system they play.
    - There would be some continuity around selection. Not random XIs every week.
    - We would play a brand of football that is pleasant to watch.
    - We would see better performances from our attacking talent.
    - Have an eloquent Genius in charge.

Since He left, we have:

- Spent (a lot) more
    - Played demonstrably awful football.
    - Not improved defensively.
    - Gone backwards offensively.
    - Achieved a few points more last season but gone backwards this season.

If Arsene was here under the new regime we would be lightyears ahead of where we are with Unai.

- Players wouldn't be confused about the position/system they play.
    - There would be some continuity around selection. Not random XIs every week.
    - We would play a brand of football that is pleasant to watch.
    - We would see better performances from our attacking talent.
    - Have an eloquent Genius in charge.

Since He left, we have:

- Spent (a lot) more
    - Played demonstrably awful football.
    - Not improved defensively.
    - Gone backwards offensively.
    - Achieved a few points more last season but gone backwards this season.
    If Arsene was here we wouldn't have the new regime, he wanted complete control, for a numbe rof years it worked, for the last few years it plainly didn't.

And have we spent a lot more in the last 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If Arsene was here we wouldn't have the new regime, he wanted complete control, for a numbe rof years it worked, for the last few years it plainly didn't.

And have we spent a lot more in the last 18 months?
    Perhaps a fair point on the regime change, though it has yet to be proven as a good thing. On the spending; I'm not sure of the exact numbers but below equates to over £160m and I don't think we spent anywhere near that under Arsene. Shame the board didn't back him but perhaps they now wish they had. Grass isn't always greener.

Pepe - 72m
    Saliba - 30m
    Tierney - 30m
    Cabellos - 15m loan fee
    Luiz - 8m
    Martinelli - 6m

Perhaps a fair point on the regime change, though it has yet to be proven as a good thing. On the spending; I'm not sure of the exact numbers but below equates to over £160m and I don't think we spent anywhere near that under Arsene. Shame the board didn't back him but perhaps they now wish they had. Grass isn't always greener.

Pepe - 72m
    Saliba - 30m
    Tierney - 30m
    Cabellos - 15m loan fee
    Luiz - 8m
    Martinelli - 6m
    Couploe of points, you have fallen into the trap of saying a tfr fee is what we have paid, Pepe might be £72m but it is over a number of years so reduces how much we have spent since UE arrived. Under AW AL and PEA were both purchased and we also increased our wage bill with the AS HM swap and the over the top salary we paid MO, under AW we also lwt a number of high profile players run contracts down into their final year (AR being the most recent), which meant we lost money we could have received.

Pepe - 72m
    Saliba - 30m
    Tierney - 30m
    Cabellos - 15m loan fee
    Luiz - 8m
    Martinelli - 6m
    Emery came in when Gazidis was still round so I am curious to see how this plays out.
    Sanllehi from what I understand and heard him talk wants to take the club higher. I would hope we see more of a ruthless mentality when it comes to people not performing. we seem to have done that in the transfer market.

I do like Emery but something is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Emery came in when Gazidis was still round so I am curious to see how this plays out.
    Sanllehi from what I understand and heard him talk wants to take the club higher. I would hope we see more of a ruthless mentality when it comes to people not performing. we seem to have done that in the transfer market.

I do like Emery but something is very wrong.
    Can you please explain what there is to like about Emery? I really must be missing something.

Can you please explain what there is to like about Emery? I really must be missing something.
    I find him awkward and feel sorry for him. He's not endearing himself much lately though.

I liked this effort to speak english and starting all conversations with good afternon/ evening etc.

apart from that I didn't know anything about him before he joined.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 11-07-2019 at 09:31 AM.