Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jacob Rees Mogg

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Sorry, I've obviously missed the Topry party that Austerity is over " and are also pledging a huge increase in public spending....
    There is a matter of degree to consider, p. Considering Comrade Corbyn's plans for nationalisation and general free stuff, together with the inevitable capital flight and subsequent collapse in tax revenues, do you really thinka Tory government, any Tory government, will fúck the economy to a similar extent?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As things stand, they're unlikely to win a single seat.
    I don't get the complaining that the Brexit party vote will lessen the Tory chances, if it happens the other way round and the Lib Dems or Labour don't stand against each other in certain seats people would be up in arms about it.

It's called Democracy
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Oh I agree 100%, but then you shouldn't complain if psople vote for a party that gives them what they want even if it means they end up with something else. A lot of people who wanted Brexit do not want the wattered down version that the Tory party are trying to give us, so why shouldn't they voye for the Brexit party in that case?
    Because the consequence of doing so in Tory safe seats and marginals will be a government that stops Brexit altogether. It's really quite simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There is a matter of degree to consider, p. Considering Comrade Corbyn's plans for nationalisation and general free stuff, together with the inevitable capital flight and subsequent collapse in tax revenues, do you really thinka Tory government, any Tory government, will fúck the economy to a similar extent?
    The Tory party are not averse to ****ing up the economy.

The longest run of economic growth over the last 100 yrs was under a Labour Govt

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because the consequence of doing so in Tory safe seats and marginals will be a government that stops Brexit altogether. It's really quite simple.
    But the Govt have called the GE so they can't then call for the Brexit party to stand down and then complain if other party's try to do the same

The Tory party are not averse to ****ing up the economy.

The longest run of economic growth over the last 100 yrs was under a Labour Govt
    That wasn't my question.

I will ask again: given Corbyn and McDonnell's widely touted plans for renationalisation, a bonanza give away for the feckless, and punitive taxation of the wealth creators, do you think the economy would do better or worse under a Tory government or under this gang of self-confessed Marxists?

I don't get the complaining that the Brexit party vote will lessen the Tory chances, if it happens the other way round and the Lib Dems or Labour don't stand against each other in certain seats people would be up in arms about it.

It's called Democracy
    No they wouldn't. Indeed, there are plenty of people advocating exactly this.

And our democracy is very much a first-past-the-post democracy, which is what makes such strategic considerations necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That wasn't my question.

I will ask again: given Corbyn and McDonnell's widely touted plans for renationalisation, a bonanza give away for the feckless, and punitive taxation of the wealth creators, do you think the economy would do better or worse under a Tory government or under this gang of self-confessed Marxists?
    Don't worry. I don't think the EU would allow them to do that sort of thing. Against the rules, I think. Italy is not even allowed to set a Keynesian budget.

He will just quietly sit at the back while the elction campaign is on so he doesn't **** up....even teh Tory party can't **** this up shirley?
    We said that last time and made a damn good fist of ****ing it up