Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was there a reason for booing our own captain off or was it simply that he'd been a

Was there a reason for booing our own captain off or was it simply that he'd been a

bit shít? And if so, since when was an Arsenal player being a bit shít a reason to boo him.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    bit shít? And if so, since when was an Arsenal player being a bit shít a reason to boo him.
    The strange individuals who make up a large proportion of our fan base have decided he's shít, and that he therefore deserves abuse.

Much like they did with out greatest ever manager.

I really do wonder whether it is a question of us attracting thousands of immature, entitled little bitches, or whether it's just a reflection of society as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The strange individuals who make up a large proportion of our fan base have decided he's shít, and that he therefore deserves abuse.

I really do wonder whether it is a question of us attracting thousands of immature, entitled little bitches, or whether it's just a reflection of society as a whole.
    All started with the disgusting abuse Eboue got and then AFTV have just made everything more toxic

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    All started with the disgusting abuse Eboue got and then AFTV have just made everything more toxic
    Yep. Though Eboue then turned into a fan favourite.

Now I suspect the club to stand by Xhaka and it will happen again and again and it will just be horrible atmosphere and will kick off between fans once again.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 10-28-2019 at 01:26 PM.

I'm sure it has some grounding of our reversion to mediocrity, sc

You see, these young blokes supporting us have not known what it is like to stand there in the pouring rain watching us grind out a nil-nil versus Nottingham Forest (or similar) and thinking we'd got a decent result.

When you've grown up with a team playing Champagne, well, Cava football and then after a few years it has morphed into half-a-mild football, I can understand the frustration, but not the actions.

No real reference point, you see.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I don't recall GG ever being booed c?

. . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Yep. Though Eboue then turned into a fan favourite.

Now I suspect the club to stand by Xhaka and it will happen again and again and it will just be horrible atmosphere and will kick off between fans once again.
    Sad seens. I always say the only person who should be booed is the ref. And all the opposition, obv, especially the time-wasters. And their manager. And their fans.

Actually there were already Words exchanged around me about the negativity.

It's happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm sure it has some grounding of our reversion to mediocrity, sc

You see, these young blokes supporting us have not known what it is like to stand there in the pouring rain watching us grind out a nil-nil versus Nottingham Forest (or similar) and thinking we'd got a decent result.

When you've grown up with a team playing Champagne, well, Cava football and then after a few years it has morphed into half-a-mild football, I can understand the frustration, but not the actions.

No real reference point, you see.
    That used to be my theory as well, i, but some of the worst offenders (see AFTV) are lads in their 50s and 60s, who must well remember what it was like to watch Ian Allinson struggle to control a gently rolling football.

Look at the abuise meted out to M Wenger by, for example, our very own Herbert Chapman. And others, if you get my meaning.

No, some sea change has occurred. We live in an age of selfishness, of instant gratification, of juvenile tantrums. God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sad seens. I always say the only person who should be booed is the ref. And all the opposition, obv, especially the time-wasters. And their manager. And their fans.

Actually there were already Words exchanged around me about the negativity.

It's happening again.
    Would you say the atmosphere is becoming, well, late-era Wengerish?

He was booed for ambling off the pitch when we were pressing for the winner as well as being bang average