Thread: Brian Moore was such a muppet.

Brian Moore was such a muppet.

Who is Kenny Sanson, ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Who is Kenny Sanson, ffs?
    I thought that as well. Better than Kenny Samson I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I thought that as well. Better than Kenny Samson I suppose
    Everyone goes on about how great he was. I thought, and continue to think, that he was a bit thick.

The last time Arsenal played Grimsby was 1936. And young Niall Quinn wasn't even born then. FFS.

Everyone goes on about how great he was. I thought, and continue to think, that he was a bit thick.

The last time Arsenal played Grimsby was 1936. And young Niall Quinn wasn't even born then. FFS.
    Yeah thought the same thing - just really weak links. Though I can remember one bit of commentary that stood out

Yeah thought the same thing - just really weak links. Though I can remember one bit of commentary that stood out
    I really think that's it though. That made, or certainly cemented, his reputation.

When the Big Match cameras were in attendance at Highbury the North Bank used to give him dog's abuse. Now he's remembered as a hero.

I really think that's it though. That made, or certainly cemented, his reputation.

When the Big Match cameras were in attendance at Highbury the North Bank used to give him dog's abuse. Now he's remembered as a hero.
    Yeah - he was widely believed to be a Spurs fan (even though he was famously a Gillingham supporter)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_...on_Planetarium

Yeah - he was widely believed to be a Spurs fan (even though he was famously a Gillingham supporter)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_...on_Planetarium
    Such a lovely thing, the fanzine phenomenon. All over now, I suppose.

Such a lovely thing, the fanzine phenomenon. All over now, I suppose.
    Yes - now we have AFTV

Yes - now we have AFTV
    I suppose fanzines were born at a time when supporters really didn't have a voice and actually had things to moan about, like risking their lives in crumbling concrete stadia and beign treated like animals by the police - and by each other.

Today's snowflakes are living in luxury but they moan like stuck pigs anyway. :sniff:

Though I can remember one bit of commentary that stood out
    Did it really though?

Loved here for the obvious reasons, but he was so obviously biased towards Liverpool (for god's sake David Pleat was more objective), and even in our moment of sublime triumph it was all about them rather than us, "the Liverpool players are down, absolutely abject" ... "a hammer blow for Liverpool ... who over the season have produced football of the most majestic standards".

Having said that, I guess it just made it all the more delicious.
    Last edited by NZgunner; 10-25-2019 at 08:05 PM.