Extrapolated over 38 games we would finish on 56 points
    In previous seasons this would’ve been good enough for:

2018-19: 8th
    2017-18: 7th
    2016-17: 8th
    2015-16: 9th
    2014-15 : tied with Swansea for 8th.

He’s got to turn this around
    He could start by playing our best full backs and our best playmaker...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He could start by playing our best full backs and our best playmaker...
    HB I can understand the softly softly approach, Tierney has looked excellent when he has played and it will seem very odd if he ends up playing most of tomorrow evenings game and then gets left out for Sunday
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Arsene’s last 47 games vs Unai’s first 47

Wins 26 vs 25
    Goals 90 vs 86
    Conceded 59 vs 63
    Clean Sheets 17 vs 10

——

Since April in the League
    Played 17
    Win 7
    Drew 4
    Lost 6
    25 out of 51 points

Extrapolated over 38 games we would finish on 56 points
    In previous seasons this would’ve been good enough for:

2018-19: 8th
    2017-18: 7th
    2016-17: 8th
    2015-16: 9th
    2014-15 : tied with Swansea for 8th.

He’s got to turn this around
    It's not even the stats that are the main issue, imo. It's the utter lack of direction, soul or personality in the team.

This looks like a collection of 11 players wandering aimlessly around the pitch hoping something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's not even the stats that are the main issue, imo. It's the utter lack of direction, soul or personality in the team.

This looks like a collection of 11 players wandering aimlessly around the pitch hoping something happens.
    We're relying on certain players to consistently bail us out, rather than playing as a team

There’s something here but he’s just not unlocking it...

A good start would be to stop this playing out the back none sense...Martinez has been refreshing with his old skool Seaman / Schmicheal approach of quickly throwing the ball away.

The youth have complicated whatever ideas / designs / plans he’s had for the midfield too...needs to sort this out. What I mean is - I’m pretty sure Saka wasn’t the first choice for his midfield when the season started...that sort of thing.

By the way...what’s going with Torreira? People going on and on about Ozil but this guy has done f all this season too.

And then there’s the strikers...are we playing both Laca and Aboomerang

Kind of want to see him figure it all out but the results ain’t helping...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    There’s something here but he’s just not unlocking it...

A good start would be to stop this playing out the back none sense...Martinez has been refreshing with his old skool Seaman / Schmicheal approach of quickly throwing the ball away.
    Interesting point. In the EL games, we do seem to have some sense of urgency and pace about our attacking.

In the PL it is turgid, sedate, benign shíte.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Interesting point. In the EL games, we do seem to have some sense of urgency and pace about our attacking.

In the PL it is turgid, sedate, benign shíte.
    I think we have a totally different attitude between the competitions. We expect to win in EL and play accordingly, whereas in PL we don't seem convinced that we are actually loads better than most of the opposition (on paper)

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think we have a totally different attitude between the competitions. We expect to win in EL and play accordingly, whereas in PL we don't seem convinced that we are actually loads better than most of the opposition (on paper)
    Yes, I agree, however there was a point when he was playing as though we could beat most anyone in the PL. That seemed to change around the time Hector and Holding (and then Monreal I think) went down and we started leaking goals everywhere.

Either way, he has to change it around and you would have thought that those two being back and the arrival of the wee Jockie chap would be the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, I agree, however there was a point when he was playing as though we could beat most anyone in the PL. That seemed to change around the time Hector and Holding (and then Monreal I think) went down and we started leaking goals everywhere.

Either way, he has to change it around and you would have thought that those two being back and the arrival of the wee Jockie chap would be the time to do it.
    FFS LET THAT RUN GO! It means sh*t all.