Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evra

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You could have stopped at the Almunia bit, tbh W
    This is true, Christ I hated that **** but then again if Wenger asks you to play for Arsenal you're not gonna say no I suppose
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I'm beginning to believe that Xhaka is a large part of the problem.
    Yup

Although it should be pointed out that both Wenger and Emery do not see it that way. Boggles the mind, IUFG.

Last night was always going to be very difficult, they really are quite good and very, very good defensively. 7 goals conceded in 9 games now? And both Willock and Saka looked young and somewhat lightweight last night. Pepe is still finding his way. Xhaka is sloooooow. When four of your six midfielders/strikers aren't that good than neither are you

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yup

Although it should be pointed out that both Wenger and Emery do not see it that way. Boggles the mind, IUFG.

Last night was always going to be very difficult, they really are quite good and very, very good defensively. 7 goals conceded in 9 games now? And both Willock and Saka looked young and somewhat lightweight last night. Pepe is still finding his way. Xhaka is sloooooow. When four of your six midfielders/strikers aren't that good than neither are you
    To give Xhaka some credit. He was the only player near their two when one scuffed it in from 3 yards out and he had the only shot on target in the first half. 2 minutes into added time!

Other than that, I'll say he has a decent range of passing, usually sideways, but he cannot tackle, always gives away needless freekicks (the new Billong Song?) and, crucially, he slows our attacking progress to a a near halt.

Picking kids like Saka and Willock against a big, defensive minded team ahead of the likes of Ozil and Ceballos was a mistake. Thing is, Emery keeps repeating it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

To give Xhaka some credit. He was the only player near their two when one scuffed it in from 3 yards out and he had the only shot on target in the first half. 2 minutes into added time!

Other than that, I'll say he has a decent range of passing, usually sideways, but he cannot tackle, always gives away needless freekicks (the new Billong Song?) and, crucially, he slows our attacking progress to a a near halt.

Picking kids like Saka and Willock against a big, defensive minded team ahead of the likes of Ozil and Ceballos was a mistake. Thing is, Emery keeps repeating it.
    Then we will go and batter the team on thursday by playing 3 defenders that should be starting , and every chance we play a better midfield combination as well
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I'm beginning to believe that Xhaka is a large part of the problem.
    Unfortunatley Emery made a big error making him captain.

he's gonna play him every game.

I get the feeling some of these players think they have 'made it' as they play for Arsenal.