Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Evra

was spot on...

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-united-defeat

Summed up the last few Wenger years and Unai's time perfectly - "my babies"
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    was spot on...

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-united-defeat

Summed up the last few Wenger years and Unai's time perfectly - "my babies"
    Hmmm - I'm always dubious about these claims that we or other teams lack leadership or are not mentally strong enough etc etc

That certainly wasn't the case when we were winning trophies under Wenger with Vieira, Henry, Bobby, Campbell, Gilberto etc etc. I think what he really means is that we weren't good enough anymore. If your players are good enough you'll win games and be given credit for leadership, fight, mental strength etc etc etc

Wenger didn't magically lose the ability to develop these traits in his players or to pick those that had them and not pick those that did not. He lost the ability to find players who were good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Hmmm - I'm always dubious about these claims that we or other teams lack leadership or are not mentally strong enough etc etc

That certainly wasn't the case when we were winning trophies under Wenger with Vieira, Henry, Bobby, Campbell, Gilberto etc etc. I think what he really means is that we weren't good enough anymore. If your players are good enough you'll win games and be given credit for leadership, fight, mental strength etc etc etc

Wenger didn't magically lose the ability to develop these traits in his players or to pick those that had them and not pick those that did not. He lost the ability to find players who were good enough.
    Certainly during the Cesc and Van Persie years we lacked a backbone. How many times did we truly believe we'd go away to a top team and beat them?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Certainly during the Cesc and Van Persie years we lacked a backbone. How many times did we truly believe we'd go away to a top team and beat them?
    With Almunia in goal, no defensive midfielder worth his weight in salt and an awful back four?

Yeah that could be seen as a lack of a backbone, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    With Almunia in goal, no defensive midfielder worth his weight in salt and an awful back four?

Yeah that could be seen as a lack of a backbone, I suppose.
    You could have stopped at the Almunia bit, tbh W

You could have stopped at the Almunia bit, tbh W
    This is true, Christ I hated that **** but then again if Wenger asks you to play for Arsenal you're not gonna say no I suppose
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Also...he should p iss off back to Burger King

A0546A20-6EB1-41DF-B141-4787A00E5E8C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Also...he should p iss off back to Burger King

A0546A20-6EB1-41DF-B141-4787A00E5E8C.jpg
    'tis a classic
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

What's he on about? We got Xhaka...........

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    What's he on about? We got Xhaka...........
    I'm beginning to believe that Xhaka is a large part of the problem.