Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So after 9 games this season in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not sure which ones even show them these days - is there anything up your way. Otherwise I guess the Famous Cock would be favourite
    The Oak 'n Pasty, Whittington Stone. Haven't been in the Boston for years.

Famous Cock is fine though if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The Oak 'n Pasty, Whittington Stone. Haven't been in the Boston for years.

Famous Cock is fine though if you like.
    Would be good. It is nice and close to the Victoria Line (staying near Victoria) (just hope WES doesn't see this)

Would be good. It is nice and close to the Victoria Line (staying near Victoria) (just hope WES doesn't see this)

I bet you hardly recognise the Victoria area now. Much of it has been completely rebuilt. Do go up the tower of the cathedral if you've not done so.

I bet you hardly recognise the Victoria area now. Much of it has been completely rebuilt. Do go up the tower of the cathedral if you've not done so.
    Yep - stayed there a bit last year. Wonderful picture to be taken of the new glass structures towering above the (thankfully free of scaffold) theatre just by the station

I walked out of Victoria a couple of weeks ago and noted with dismay that they were scaffolding the old bsuilding opposite, as if to dismantle it. That's the building that contained Overton's fish restaurant where, in the 1970s, my mum would take me for a slap up lunch at the end of the school holidays. There would be huge prawns and Dover Soles or lobsters; smoked salmon maybe. As I stood gazing up at a window where oft I had sat, my eye was drawn to a ghstly image in the wall - the faint outline of 'Overtons' int he plaster.

I sank to my knees, and wept. I wept for my mother, now dead. I wept for the child that was me, now dead. I wept for lobsters, now about 45 quid for a big one.

If only they showed football
    Football in 'spoons? Could you imagine the types that would be in them when an England match is on?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”