Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One thing you CAN say in favour of those "Land That Time Forgot" Bulgarian Nazis was

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Dark days, psrb, dark fúcking days...

Wenger out, etc
    One of their goals was offside, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    One of their goals was offside, to be fair.
    oh, I'd expect absolutely nothing else there, m

standard stuff innit
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Of course. it's all just sh*thousery and banter.

As a society we all acknowledge that football fans operate under entirely different social rules once they step inside a stadium. I don't see why we should tolerate tens of thousands of fans calling a footballer a **** for having dared to move club or acquire a reputation for cheating, but then clutch our pearls if we call them a black ****
    I was in a pub quiz the other day where we got extra points for our offensive team name: Madeleine McCan't.

There are boundaries of what is acceptable and what isn't. Laughing at the rape and murder of a small girl is apparently ok. Racism not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I was in a pub quiz the other day where we got extra points for our offensive team name: Madeleine McCan't.

There are boundaries of what is acceptable and what isn't. Laughing at the rape and murder of a small girl is apparently ok. Racism not so.
    Yes, although whether or not we find humour in that kind of stuff is is heavily nuanced and context-dependent, even within the narrow genre of kiddie rape and murder.

I think the reason Maddie is such a comedy goldmine is because of the whole circus surrounding the case, and the fact that her white middle class parents blatantly killed her, which *is* inherently funny.

There are other cases where small children were brutally murdered that you'd struggle to find any humour in.

You don't hear any jokes about Jamie Bulger, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Well racism affects everyone of that race , laughing about an individual doesn't...that would be my penguin book of racism level
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Madeline McCann is ripe to mine for humour content purely because hers is an unsolved case with no proven evidence as to any crimes attached to her
    A bit like Shergar really
    To this day he might be living it up on a stud farm somewhere in the Bhamas
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Madeline McCann is ripe to mine for humour content purely because hers is an unsolved case with no proven evidence as to any crimes attached to her
    A bit like Shergar really
    To this day he might be living it up on a stud farm somewhere in the Bhamas
    The dental hygienist gave me a mirror to admire my teeth when he'd finished yesterday. I did a big grin and remarked, "Ah, that's what happened to Shergar" - not a flicker of recognition from the fellow. Mind you, he was about 23 and Indian. But imagine not remembering Shergar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The dental hygienist gave me a mirror to admire my teeth when he'd finished yesterday. I did a big grin and remarked, "Ah, that's what happened to Shergar" - not a flicker of recognition from the fellow. Mind you, he was about 23 and Indian. But imagine not remembering Shergar.
    He absolutely píssed that Derby.

Shergar. Not your unborn dentist.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He absolutely píssed that Derby.

Shergar. Not your unborn dentist.
    It was odd, actually. I was tempted to ask him his story. His accent suggested that he is Indian, not Anglo-Indian. How does a young man from India end up washing teeth in a London suburb?

Not Shergar. The dentist bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well racism affects everyone of that race , laughing about an individual doesn't...that would be my penguin book of racism level
    Yes, of course it is far worse.

I hadn't realised that they were actual neo-nazis, of the sort that our government supports in Ukraine.