Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Japanese today

The Japanese today

Just woke up..

Watched the F1 qualifying and the Grand Prix - thought it was awesome being within a few hours of each other.

Then the rugby

USA played with heart but Tonga too cheeky
    Wales vs Uruguay

Was waiting for Japan v Scotland as I really wanted to get stuck into Japan big time at 7-4

Awesome from them...gave the Scots what they wanted imo

Saw all the tweets and comments last night with the Scots fuming that the game might be called off...why? Because it’s the worse typhoon a country prone to devastating natural disasters has had since the fifties

Tweet of the night was the Scot who said - there’s no honour in qualifying this was

Looool calling a Japs honour into question...isn’t that like their bread and butter...

Anyways they got their game and a good beating

Then I watched my betfair balance refresh and fell asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Just woke up..

Watched the F1 qualifying and the Grand Prix - thought it was awesome being within a few hours of each other.

Then the rugby

Wales vs Uruguay

Was waiting for Japan v Scotland as I really wanted to get stuck into Japan big time at 7-4

Saw all the tweets and comments last night with the Scots fuming that the game might be called off...why? Because it’s the worse typhoon a country prone to devastating natural disasters has had since the fifties

Tweet of the night was the Scot who said - there’s no honour in qualifying this was

Looool calling a Japs honour into question...isn’t that like their bread and butter...

Was an absolutely belting match, best game of the tournament so far. Fancy the Saffas will have too much for them in the next round but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Just woke up..

Then the rugby

Wales vs Uruguay

Lovely tale, t. Scots got absolutely what they deserved (though to be fair to the team they gave it a great go - no honour lost there). Love the fact that the Irish RFU wrote a letter saying the match shouldn't be rescheduled. No going to forget Scotland voted for France to hold the next world cup for a long long time

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Lovely tale, t. Scots got absolutely what they deserved (though to be fair to the team they gave it a great go - no honour lost there). Love the fact that the Irish RFU wrote a letter saying the match shouldn't be rescheduled. No going to forget Scotland voted for France to hold the next world cup for a long long time
    Have you been physically exerting yourself, you maniac?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you been physically exerting yourself, you maniac?
    Kind of - 10k which I walked 9 (at a very brisk pace) and decided at the 9k mark to run the last thousand metres thinking I could stop at any point. Except the finish was in the Olympic stadium with lots of people watching (the marathon was due to finish shortly after) meaning I had to keep up a good pace for the last 400m with gritted teeth.

Kind of - 10k which I walked 9 (at a very brisk pace) and decided at the 9k mark to run the last thousand metres thinking I could stop at any point. Except the finish was in the Olympic stadium with lots of people watching (the marathon was due to finish shortly after) meaning I had to keep up a good pace for the last 400m with gritted teeth.
    wd la! You'll runa ahlf marathon next year, I can see it now!

wd la! You'll runa ahlf marathon next year, I can see it now!
    Thank you Sir C. Never again - though I did enjoy the whole experience. Last time I ran a road race I had to pull out after about 2k with shin splints . Maybe I'll even play football again one day That's the dream

Thank you Sir C. Never again - though I did enjoy the whole experience. Last time I ran a road race I had to pull out after about 2k with shin splints . Maybe I'll even play football again one day That's the dream
    Not wishing to be one of those people, but... https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercis...-week-by-week/ Get the app. It's brilliant.

Not wishing to be one of those people, but... https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercis...-week-by-week/ Get the app. It's brilliant.
    I'll have a look. Have to say living on the fifth floor of an apartment block with no lifts is also a good way to exercise