Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Athletic - how long do we give it?

The Athletic - how long do we give it?

Nabbing all these top journalists, who must be being paid a fortune. I just won't pay for content and they'll all be replaced by hungry, young journos who might have something new and interesting to say

Pity the Orn has gone there, though

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Nabbing all these top journalists, who must be being paid a fortune. I just won't pay for content and they'll all be replaced by hungry, young journos who might have something new and interesting to say

It must, one imagines, have some powerful backing to be able to attract the big names.

I give it a year.

Paying for content - I think it is a mindset that the younger types will get before the likes of you and I, p.

I ain't paying either. Whatever they write will be in the free / public domain before long anyway.

I'm assuming all the journos are freelance rather than employees and they'll probably be contractually restricted in where their scribblings can be published.

I'll give it 18 months...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Won't pay for content?

Shame on you.

Do you steal your food as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Won't pay for content?

Shame on you.

Do you pay for podcasts you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do you pay for podcasts you listen to?
    Yes.

Both of them.

Yes.

Both of them.
    Well bloody well done you.

I trust one of them is Making Sense with Sam Harris?

Won't pay for content?

Shame on you.

In fairness, I don't pay for content as I get it all free due to the job. The more pertinent point is that there is enough "free" content out there that there is no need to pay for a service such as The Athletic

In fairness, I don't pay for content as I get it all free due to the job. The more pertinent point is that there is enough "free" content out there that there is no need to pay for a service such as The Athletic
    Depends on how one finds the quality of the writing, and the intrusiveness of the ads. I intend to give the Athletic a go via the Arsenal Vision link. £2.50 a month is a modest fee if value is found imo.

£2.50 a month is a modest fee if value is found imo.
    It is. in isolation.

How many "less than the price of a pint" fees could you end up paying?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”