Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I would like a second goal sharpish

I would like a second goal sharpish

Preferably not from Auba
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Our defence wasn't exactly a ring of steel there was it. Lucky not to concede

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Preferably not from Auba
    . . . . . . . .

First of all...Good Ebening

Ahhh is importante 3 points

We playah way goooood concentreyonion ahhh

Ahhh is importante for tap floor ahhh intacional brak

Good ebening

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    . . . . . . . .

An improvement all the same ...some nice timely interceptions from Chambers and Gwendaline

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    An improvement all the same ...some nice timely interceptions from Chambers and Gwendaline
    Baby steps imo. This is a proper transitional phase. It’s good to see Emery giving a number of youngsters a proper chance in the prem though. It’s one thing to star in the Europa League or Carroty Cup. The weekend Premiership match is a whole other level. They need to be exposed to that challenge.

I’m pleased he’s trusting Chambers now

And that Chambers isn’t letting him down.

Watching Arsenal is like watching Apple Cider Vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I’m pleased he’s trusting Chambers now

And that Chambers isn’t letting him down.
    Hoping that’s the last time we see Kola at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Hoping that’s the last time we see Kola at LB.
    Let’s see where we are in Dec/Jan, when Emery has had a couple of months of Tierney/Bellerin at FB, and hopefully Holding back in too. If there are still gaping big holes everywhere, and no proper sense of direction. Then it’ll be time for torches and pitch forks.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Let’s see where we are in Dec/Jan, when Emery has had a couple of months of Tierney/Bellerin at FB, and hopefully Holding back in too. If there are still gaping big holes everywhere, and no proper sense of direction. Then it’ll be time for torches and pitch forks.
    I agree with that. Haven't got a clue how we're as high as 3rd atm.

I feel sorry for Pepe. If he doesn't score and hit a purple patch pdq, he's gonna lose all confidence, and he'll basically be blocking spots for Saka and Nelson. Also don't think Ceballos offers any more than Willock. I'd like Willock to be given a go as Gwendo was last season.

When Laca comes back, I'd have Gwendo and Torreirs/Willock as holding MFs. Laca dropping deep to play as a no.10. And then if we have a wide forward like Pepe or Saka on one flank, play AMN on the other. That way he could shuffle across into CM when the wide forward is attacking.

Like we used to do with the Romford Pele and then Freddie when Overmars and Pires were steaming up the left wing.

I don't see why he prefers Ceballos and Xhaka to Ozil and Torreira.