Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This is actually a far superior 11 than we fielded against Manure

This is actually a far superior 11 than we fielded against Manure

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Where's AMN playing?

I think he can be a very good player. He's learnt how to beat a man and create goals from out wide.

People give him a hard time for not being a RB, but he never learnt as a kid how to deal with a winger.

How have the fullbacks and the Brazza striker been playing?

The balance in midfield is better without Xhaka. We need Bellerin and Tierney in the prem side sooner rather than later. No Saka tonight, which suggests he’s now a starter in the first 11. That shows Emery is willing to shake things up. Now, if he could only apply that thinking to DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Where's AMN playing?

I think he can be a very good player. He's learnt how to beat a man and create goals from out wide.

People give him a hard time for not being a RB, but he never learnt as a kid how to deal with a winger.

Felt a bit sorry for him at RB. He was constantly coming too far inside and had no in depth knowledge of the position at this level. It’s one thing to fill in there for a few games. But, we were asking too much of AMN to play it full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    The balance in midfield is better without Xhaka. We need Bellerin and Tierney in the prem side sooner rather than later. No Saka tonight, which suggests he’s now a starter in the first 11. That shows Emery is willing to shake things up. Now, if he could only apply that thinking to DM.
    Agree about Xhaka. It's just annoying Dick doesn't like Torreira as a DM.

I like the look of Willock. How's he been playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Felt a bit sorry for him at RB. He was constantly coming too far inside and had no in depth knowledge of the position at this level. It’s one thing to fill in there for a few games. But, we were asking too much of AMN to play it full time.
    Agree 100%. The good thing about him playing there is that he's learnt how to beat a man out wide and put good crosses in. He'd looked a decent MF when he broke into the squad, so this time spent on the flanks could do him good.

AW always said he liked his forwards to spend some time playing wide when they were young. So hopefully it will work with MFs, too.

Fartinelli and Willock already worth £100m each (in today’s crackpot market).

If I was Xhaka I’d reconsider the whole paternity leave thing....because Willock ain’t going to give it up when he comes back...

I reckon this Arsenal yoot team will have a serious go at the Milk Cup
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Where's AMN playing?

AMN played on the right of midfield and was our worst player, I thought. The rest of the midfield - Ceballos, Torreira, Willock and then Gwenda all played well.

Game is easier when you have fullbacks, perhaps we will see how Emery really wants to play now that we seem to have two of them for a change. Having said that, I thought the wee jock was very good but Hector looks like he needs more games.

Nelson impressed me for the first time, I really wish he would just try and play football and not win the game every time he touches it. When he plays it simple he looks good, when he endlessly tries to cut inside and get goal of the month he usually f*cks up while better positioned players roll their eyes.

Martinelli is already a special player and his skin suggests he really is 18. Not only did he take his two goals exceptionally well, the rest of his game is astonishingly mature. The little nutmeg at the end of the game was something you rarely see from someone that age.