Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: To be fair to Emery ...

To be fair to Emery ...

The club spent the budget on one defender who won't play till after he's sacked, another who was crocked (he's just pulled out of the Scotch squard), and the £72m Gervinho, when Emery wanted Zaha - as I expect many of us would prefer at this point.

On the other side they got rid of one of our better defenders, one of our best midfielder and two experienced wide players.

Tough gig imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The club spent the budget on one defender who won't play till after he's sacked, another who was crocked (he's just pulled out of the Scotch squard), and the £72m Gervinho, when Emery wanted Zaha - as I expect many of us would prefer at this point.

On the other side they got rid of one of our better defenders, one of our best midfielder and two experienced wide players.

Tough gig imo.
    That's all well and good, but it doesn't help us having to watch that pile of unadulterated hogshít we laughably refer to as 'football', does it? However tough poor Unai's gig is, it's not as hard as watching the new Gervinho fall over his shoelaces like some sort of evil children's entertainer.

I am becoming over-excited and distressed now. I'd best go for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    On the other side they got rid of one of our better defenders, one of our best midfielder and two experienced wide players. Tough gig imo.
    Monreal going was a decent deal for all parties. Elneny was never that good either . As for the two wide players? Iwobi is battling Walcott for a place on Everton’s bench, and offloading Mykhitaryan to make room for Saka, may end up being the best thing that has happened at Arsenal in years.

As for the incomings? Clearly that was a transfer window setting things up long term for the next manager. Which is no bad thing. When is he arriving?

We need to be careful we don’t become the thing we hate ie those Trump Derangement Syndrome morons

I get the feeling some of us are 1 step away from marching through Islington shouting - Emery is not my manager...and being like all woke about like the general vibe and stuff (I think that’s how they talk)

-

Just saying...practice safe Arsenal...that’s all