Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Emery out!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    You don't share his appalling choice of hair products and his aversion to dentistry though c?
    A man's hair choices are a matter for himself, his conscience and his God, h. As for his teeth, the poor chap is Spanish. This is a country where the leading leisure activity is throwing donkeys off high buildings. It is a savage, backwards nation - just how advanced do you think their dentists are?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Most of Europe manages to speak excellent English, though, a. What went wrong with him?

I can't help it if he's backwards.
    Have you ever visited France, Spain or Italy?

I'm basing it on the fact that we're total fúcking shít and are actually by some miracle a worse defensive unit now than we were under AW.

Getting from 6th to 5th means nothing, since anything below 4th is nowhere. Emery hasn't won anything or achieved anything at all, meaning that he remains demonstrably inferior to even latter-day AW.
    Using thta great(?) reasoning, you can only compare AW's last season with UE's first season. Higher league finish and the final (v semi final) of the Europa league. Seems like progress to me
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Using thta great(?) reasoning, you can only compare AW's last season with UE's first season. Higher league finish and the final (v semi final) of the Europa league. Seems like progress to me
    This arguing over statistics is all well and good, but have you actually watched us play?

If not, don't bother. It's a depressing shítshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Certainly I would have hoped for some discernible improvement by now... but I'm naturally inclined to shy away from that most appalling of British traits - monoglots mocking polyglots. It just doesn't sit well.
    It is every freeborn Englishman's God-given right to mock the way foreigners speak English.

Why you no risten? This chicken is rubbery? Ay know narthing? Velly good, etc. Marvellous comedic stuff imo.

And if they don't like it, they should have won more wars, shouldn't they?

Have you ever visited France, Spain or Italy?
    Obviously southern Europe is a bit backwards in this regard, but that supports my argument if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Really? It doesn't to me. No CL place and no silverware. Yet AW's last season got him sacked and UE's first didn't? Double standard imo.

Obviously southern Europe is a bit backwards in this regard, but that supports my argument if anything.
    I have recently met a number of Swissers who speak no English at all. One of them a couple in their 40s, she a doctor and him a lawyer. Of English, not a word. This surprises me. Surely a working knowledge of English is going to be useful for hiding jewgold?

I have recently met a number of Swissers who speak no English at all. One of them a couple in their 40s, she a doctor and him a lawyer. Of English, not a word. This surprises me. Surely a working knowledge of English is going to be useful for hiding jewgold?
    Really? Do they dwell in some mountain fastness? Any time I've ever been in Swissland they've always spoken perfect English with a fine note of contempt and condescension.

Awful people imo.

Really? It doesn't to me. No CL place and no silverware. Yet AW's last season got him sacked and UE's first didn't? Double standard imo.
    No, Aw's last 2 seasons saw him sacked, the general getting worse thing that you don't seem to grasp. UE will not have his contract extended if we don't get top 4 imo, and that will show he has started to turn around what was happening towards then end of AW's reign
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar