Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emery out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Emery out!

Shsgshdhdhhd

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Shsgshdhdhhd
    I was happy to reserve judgment until he’d had a full season to show us his philosophy. I was happy to give him a couple of seasons without worrying overly about results, so long as we could see what he is trying to achieve.

The answer appears to be that he has no philosophy or vision beyond ‘don’t under any circumstances play a midfield with any creativity’.

In short, it is with some regret that I must join the vulgar hordes on the bandwagon and declare myself and Emeryouter.

I hate him for doing this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was happy to reserve judgment until he’d had a full season to show us his philosophy. I was happy to give him a couple of seasons without worrying overly about results, so long as we could see what he is trying to achieve.

The answer appears to be that he has no philosophy or vision beyond ‘don’t under any circumstances play a midfield with any creativity’.

In short, it is with some regret that I must join the vulgar hordes on the bandwagon and declare myself and Emeryouter.

I hate him for doing this to me.
    Playing Torreira as a no.8/10 is the final straw. Get this **** out of my club.

If only we had a talented 10 in the squad...

So you want to sack the manager because he played a midfielder in a position you don't think he is most suited to?

Yup, can't argue with that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    So you want to sack the manager because he played a midfielder in a position you don't think he is most suited to?

No I said that was the final straw. There’s a number of reasons he should be sacked. His choice of captain being one. His inability to find a settled and balanced midfield. A lack of any kind of philosophy in our approach. A defense as bad (if not worse) than the one Wenger left him with. His negative approach in general.

No I said that was the final straw. There’s a number of reasons he should be sacked. His choice of captain being one. His inability to find a settled and balanced midfield. A lack of any kind of philosophy in our approach. A defense as bad (if not worse) than the one Wenger left him with. His negative approach in general.
    He had a clear philosophy when he arrived, we were going to play a high line and press to get the ball back as quickly as possible. And as I recall it resulted in a 20 some game undefeated run, not sure I remember very many people calling for his head then and all of the Unai haters were strangely quiet. You couldn't find AFC East for the life of you back then.

I'm guessing that the back four injuries put that to rest and he tried 3 at the back etc etc and it all went a bit wrong after that. He still doesn't have his first choice back four (I would argue he has only one of them) and he's trying to play younger players as the dross he was left by Wenger simply isn't good enough and as a result there are going to be issues with continuity, team selection etc as he tries to get it right.

But the main point is that I don't want to be Chelsea, we should be bigger than a club that chops and changes every time it starts to go wrong. All Arsenal managers deserve 2-3 years at least to prove themselves and then if it doesn't work we move on. I strongly expect that people like AFC East were calling for Wenger's head in 2001 and lambasted him for fielding a team without any English players because it went against the traditions blah, blah, blah.

Ferguson was almost sacked early on at Man Utd, Wenger received no shortage of criticism in 2000/2001 - and as I said, let's remember we improved marginally last year and are currently fourth, ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

Who would you have made captain?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

we set up wrong from the kick off. We are not in the position to allow the opposition to attack and shut up shop. we'll always conceed. and at the same time no service for our attack.

That being said looking back if we had taken our chances we should have had 4 goals. but we never seem to. The only one who can take their chances is Auba,

Pepe is unfortuantley proving to be rather useless

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    we set up wrong from the kick off. We are not in the position to allow the opposition to attack and shut up shop. we'll always conceed. and at the same time no service for our attack.

That being said looking back if we had taken our chances we should have had 4 goals. but we never seem to. The only one who can take their chances is Auba,

Pepe is unfortuantley proving to be rather useless
    I just don't get the Pepe criticism, he's played less than 7 games for us and yet people are on his back from about 3 games in. Using that great logic, Pires was ****e and Henry couldn't hit a cows arse
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar