Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emery out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I most certainly was not.

I am a reasoned, reasoning adult human being.

I have completed my reasoning.
    I'm not sure I appreciate the implication of your post

I was happy to reserve judgment until he’d had a full season to show us his philosophy. I was happy to give him a couple of seasons without worrying overly about results, so long as we could see what he is trying to achieve.

The answer appears to be that he has no philosophy or vision beyond ‘don’t under any circumstances play a midfield with any creativity’.

In short, it is with some regret that I must join the vulgar hordes on the bandwagon and declare myself and Emeryouter.

I hate him for doing this to me.
    Every time I watch Arsenal, i’m left wondering what his actual style/vision actually is. The players seem unconvinced as well. It’s as if Emery is forever managing his first game at a new club. All rather odd.

I do like that he’s giving some of the youngsters a genuine opportunity though. Not just the odd league cup game and then put them back in the cupboard for a year. Saka, Willock and co are getting starts in the prem. On the evidence so far, both look a fair bit better than Pepe.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not sure I appreciate the implication of your post
    I'd say the implication is that I am unlikely instantly to jump to an extreme conclusion on the basis of little or no evidence.

What you infer from that is entirely a matter for you, of course.

Well a £78 million price tag will tend to do that. How long do you think it reasonable to wait when you pay that kind of money?
    it is one thing I'm with Arsene on. Transfer fees are fúcking ridicules high.

Lets not forget that an £80m centre-half played Auba (eventually) onside because he was so far out of line with the rest of his defence. I don't see Maguire justifying his price tag either.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's sad that last time we beat them in the league there Ole was playing for United
    Jebus wept, by the law of averages alone that should be impossible, even Palace have done it
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Jebus wept, by the law of averages alone that should be impossible, even Palace have done it
    one whiff of Mancunian air, b, and we shít ourselves.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's in installments so we can increase our impatientness incrementally
    I like the idea of rationing my rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    4th imho....
    Wait, are you playing devil's advocate or are you really suggesting that the way we play is acceptable?

Wait, are you playing devil's advocate or are you really suggesting that the way we play is acceptable?
    They're all on the defensive about forcing poor old Arsene out.

Have you seen the rumours about United fans wanting him? I'm sure he'd love to go to a club whose fans spent 20 years calling him a pedrophile.

It's the 1st of October.
    So he took us to within 1 point of 4th last season and a European final... i would say that is better than the last 2 seasons under AW
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar