Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The most momentous decision handed out by the Supreme Court in its

The most momentous decision handed out by the Supreme Court in its

history and where the hell are our constitutional experts Berni and Monty? How the hell am I supposed to know what to think?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    history and where the hell are our constitutional experts Berni and Monty? How the hell am I supposed to know what to think?
    I think you should be scared. There is clearly a section of the establishment which will stop at nothing to stop Brexit happening, despite the result of the referendum - and whilst I shy away from intemperate or hyperbolic language, this is a clear denial of democracy.

In many other countries we would have had tanks on the streets by now. Happily the people of the UK are made of phlegmatic stuff, but where will this end?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think you should be scared. There is clearly a section of the establishment which will stop at nothing to stop Brexit happening, despite the result of the referendum - and whilst I shy away from intemperate or hyperbolic language, this is a clear denial of democracy.

In many other countries we would have had tanks on the streets by now. Happily the people of the UK are made of phlegmatic stuff, but where will this end?
    I always assumed the initial prorogation was intended to goad parliament into swiftly passing legislation that would compel Boris to rule out No Deal, which is precisely what happened.

Not sure this how this could have been part of the cunning plan though...

I would suggest that it makes Boris' position as Prime Minister untenable & that he will be forced to resign sooner rather than later. Does this mean that we'll have Prime Minister Hunt after the inevitable election?

Lol. As cheeky as Boris.

True dat 'East. I miss the old Sir Charlie that would post with robust good humour

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Lol. As cheeky as Boris.
    on most matters and always maintain a civil and moderate tone.

His piece on why he would continue to leave his door unlocked, even after being burgled,had me chuckling for hours - pure Wodehouse in concept and delivery.

Now he just blubs about Brexit and the fact that the old french tit was finally shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I always assumed the initial prorogation was intended to goad parliament into swiftly passing legislation that would compel Boris to rule out No Deal, which is precisely what happened.

Not sure this how this could have been part of the cunning plan though...
    When is it that he has to go to Brussels, bend ze knee and beg for an extension while accepting whatever preconditions they apply?

That morning would be the time to resign imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    When is it that he has to go to Brussels, bend ze knee and beg for an extension while accepting whatever preconditions they apply?

That morning would be the time to resign imo.
    If anyone's asking for an extension, it won't be Boris.

on most matters and always maintain a civil and moderate tone.

His piece on why he would continue to leave his door unlocked, even after being burgled,had me chuckling for hours - pure Wodehouse in concept and delivery.

Now he just blubs about Brexit and the fact that the old french tit was finally shown the door.
    That's a little unfair. I have always tried to be reasoned and polite. Except to Bignose.

That's a little unfair. I have always tried to be reasoned and polite. Except to Bignose.
    You are continually being perfectly ghastly to WES - usually in tandem with Berni like two sixth form bullies in some tatty lower middle-class public school. You are horrid about Jorge who, despite being a swivel eyed marxist nutjob, was always a perfect gentleman when posting here.