Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proper rain, this.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Another 39 days and nights and the world will be flushed clean of all it sins, to be sure.
    talking of washing away sins, when did the grotty shíthole that is The Arsenal Tavern close?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    talking of washing away sins, when did the grotty shíthole that is The Arsenal Tavern close?
    The Arsenal Tavern's closed? Next it will be the next worst grotty shíthole, the Gunners

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Arsenal Tavern's closed? Next it will be the next worst grotty shíthole, the Gunners
    Windows all boarded up

I hadn't been down Blackstock Road since last season. I'm sure it was open then.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Windows all boarded up

I hadn't been down Blackstock Road since last season. I'm sure it was open then.
    The Woodbine's still OK, is it?

I suppose more drinking happens over on the Holloway Road side these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Woodbine's still OK, is it?

I suppose more drinking happens over on the Holloway Road side these days.
    I went to The Woodbine for the first time in ages. That is when I walked past The Arsenal Tavern.
    I've been going to the Pins or Tollington recently, fancied a change.

I remember drinking outside The Arsenal Tavern on a sunny day, years and years ago, and an old boy with a zimmer shuffled by. He could barely walk and was wearing a Spurs shirt under his jacket. He got absolute dogs abuse for the age it seemed to take him to pass. When he got past the crowd he turned around and shouted "Fúck off, you Arsenal ****s". He got a loud cheer

During the off-season, I think. I did actually use it last season as the Woodbine became too crowded, hot and oppressive for me. I'm struggling with busy pubs in my dotage. A bit of space to breath, and maybe even somewhere to sit or at least put the pint down. In fact now they serve Hells in the ground I'll have a couple in there. Also saves 20 minutes+ in the damned queue.

Twitter bans commencing....

Keep saying it but if the world is coming to an end surely you would spend it doing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Another 39 days and nights and the world will be flushed clean of all it sins, to be sure.
    Nice thundery band incoming on the back edge now. May have to pop outside to see.

Probably, everything was good that day

Pat Vegas "I actually don't mind it this morning. It's a bit of a novelty.
    i don't recall it raining very often on my way to work this year.

I am sure the novelty will wear off by tomorrow."

I think the novelty might wear off in an hours time and shortly before you arrive back home looking like a drowned rat
    10 characters? Pile of cund.