Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper rain, this.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    talking of washing away sins, when did the grotty shíthole that is The Arsenal Tavern close?
    The Arsenal Tavern's closed? Next it will be the next worst grotty shíthole, the Gunners

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Arsenal Tavern's closed? Next it will be the next worst grotty shíthole, the Gunners
    Windows all boarded up

I hadn't been down Blackstock Road since last season. I'm sure it was open then.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Global warming, innit
    I blame the Emirates Stadium for it.

Cold winter nights at Highbury were 1000% colder than the Emirates. (I am ignoring stadium design)
    I seem to recall freezing my *******s off watching a 0-0 against Valencia or someone. perhaps ajax, or perhaps both

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    either that or the Earth's eccentric orbital patterns
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Twitter bans commencing....

Keep saying it but if the world is coming to an end surely you would spend it doing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Cold winter nights at Highbury were 1000% colder than the Emirates. (I am ignoring stadium design)
    I seem to recall freezing my *******s off watching a 0-0 against Valencia or someone. perhaps ajax, or perhaps both
    At Highbury one was standing on a cold-soaked concrete terrace.

I can still feel the pain in my toes.

More importantly...just wondering if the slicker underfoot conditions might mean we don’t see Holding, Bellend and Tierney tonight.

I know we have an excellent team looking after the pitch but do you take the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Windows all boarded up

I hadn't been down Blackstock Road since last season. I'm sure it was open then.
    The Woodbine's still OK, is it?

I suppose more drinking happens over on the Holloway Road side these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    At Highbury one was standing on a cold-soaked concrete terrace.

I can still feel the pain in my toes.
    I went to the first emirates cup. and I had a pain in the bottom of my spine for months afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    More importantly...just wondering if the slicker underfoot conditions might mean we don’t see Holding, Bellend and Tierney tonight.

I know we have an excellent team looking after the pitch but do you take the chance?
    i think 2 of them will start, have Bellerin on the bench and he can come on when we are 3 down with 15 to go
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar