Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought so on first viewing, but seems as though our winning goal

Thought so on first viewing, but seems as though our winning goal

shouldn't have stood due to the new laws on free kick walls....you'd think the players should know
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    shouldn't have stood due to the new laws on free kick walls....you'd think the players should know
    Which are what?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Which are what?
    If the defense has a 3 man wall you can't have any forward within 1 yard of it when the kick is taken

If the defense has a 3 man wall you can't have any forward within 1 yard of it when the kick is taken
    How about if they have a 4 man wall?

I wish they'd stop messing about with the rules. It's confusing and unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How about if they have a 4 man wall?

I wish they'd stop messing about with the rules. It's confusing and unsettling.
    Who has been looking at walls over the last few seasons and decided that was an area requiring urgent regulatory action?

What the fúck is it with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Who has been looking at walls over the last few seasons and decided that was an area requiring urgent regulatory action?

What the fúck is it with these people?
    I think it was to stop teams doing a "Stuart Pearce" and shoving then end person out of the way

I don't think Maitland Niles should have been sent off.
    Though we got lucky with Sokratis silly handball

It's going to get to the point where every single goal/incident will be highly protested.

I think it was to stop teams doing a "Stuart Pearce" and shoving then end person out of the way
    Didn't Pearce just take a massive run-up and leather the fúcker? Was there more to it than that?

And why are they foiling him 17 years after his retirement?

This story doesn't add up, p.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Didn't Pearce just take a massive run-up and leather the fúcker? Was there more to it than that?

And why are they foiling him 17 years after his retirement?

This story doesn't add up, p.
    He used to get a player to stand on the edge of the wall and push the bloke out of the way...see Cup Final v Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't think Maitland Niles should have been sent off.
    He did play the ball first, but his foot was pretty high on the follow through. Daft tackle to attempt when already on a yellow. He’s no fullback. Always getting dragged too far infield. Young Blenkinsop would’ve been a better option as cover RB. Let AMN have a go in CM.