Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got there in the end

Got there in the end

Glad for Chambers, always has a bit of fight about him. Auba has been very good too. Can’t really ignore the pig’s ear we made of most of that game though. Villa are bang average and we really struggled. Emery just isn’t the man to take us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Glad for Chambers, always has a bit of fight about him. Auba has been very good too. Can’t really ignore the pig’s ear we made of most of that game though. Villa are bang average and we really struggled. Emery just isn’t the man to take us forward.
    The test will come when the *real* back four get back in play. If things tighten up, I’m guessing the board will let him ride things out.

At least no-one can say the boys aren't playing for him though, I guess ..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The test will come when the *real* back four get back in play. If things tighten up, I’m guessing the board will let him ride things out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    At least no-one can say the boys aren't playing for him though, I guess ..
    Clearly some fight and talent in the squad. But it seems to take a crisis like today or, against Spurs to find that edge. In many games they look totally lost about how they’re meant to be setting up. Looks to be some big issues about how the manager is communicating his ideas to the players.

Just Trent, we were extremely lucky to get this guy. We had absolutely no right to expect a coach of his caliber coming in and taking over. Perhaps you've forgotten what a rotten carcass Wenger left us with. You should be down on your knees praying to Almighty God for handing us Emery.

I like Tyrone though

Looks like he bulked up too.

Nice story with him...he was working as a mortgage advisor and pulling pints part time when Mick McCarthy gave him a shot and he never looked back.

Totally get his last game when he went mental with one of his own team mates.

He’s the sort of player who would actually appreciate playing for someone like us imo

Now, now. We can't have it both ways; if there were no fight and talent in the squad, we'd blame the manager.

Clearly some fight and talent in the squad. But it seems to take a crisis like today or, against Spurs to find that edge. In many games they look totally lost about how they’re meant to be setting up. Looks to be some big issues about how the manager is communicating his ideas to the players.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Now, now. We can't have it both ways; if there were no fight and talent in the squad, we'd blame the manager.
    Could be worse, look at United*

*they'll still beat us

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

*they'll still beat us
    100% nailed on, p
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    100% nailed on, p
    For the first time since I don't know when I'm quite confident we won't get beat there. Or only narrowly. They were abysmal against the 'ammers yesterday...if Dick can leave Xhaka out, I think we'll be ok.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.