Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sir Charlie - what's been your experience at Rocksalt in Folkestone?

Sir Charlie - what's been your experience at Rocksalt in Folkestone?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I've only been twice. Saturday lunchtimes.

Now you must bear in mind that my favourite meal of the week is lunch ona Saturday, and my favourite lunch on a Saturday is either lobster or Dover Sole meuniere, with a good bottle of poo. On both my visits Rocksalt served these items extremely well, the service was excellent and the view exceptional, so I only have good things to say.

I have no idea whether they also serve the sort of ground-breaking Shoreditchwánk hipsterstuff that you may prefer.

On one occasion I ate next to Victor Lewis-Smith and his mad hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've only been twice. Saturday lunchtimes.

Now you must bear in mind that my favourite meal of the week is lunch ona Saturday, and my favourite lunch on a Saturday is either lobster or Dover Sole meuniere, with a good bottle of poo. On both my visits Rocksalt served these items extremely well, the service was excellent and the view exceptional, so I only have good things to say.

I have no idea whether they also serve the sort of ground-breaking Shoreditchwánk hipsterstuff that you may prefer.

On one occasion I ate next to Victor Lewis-Smith and his mad hair.
    That sounds perfectly lovely, but I fear I've missed the al fresco window for this year. I was hoping to slurp on oysters while watching dinghys full of brown people drown at sea

Went to the Whitstable Oyster Company on Saturday. Rock oysters with black truffle and champagne butter. My word.

That sounds perfectly lovely, but I fear I've missed the al fresco window for this year. I was hoping to slurp on oysters while watching dinghys full of brown people drown at sea

Went to the Whitstable Oyster Company on Saturday. Rock oysters with black truffle and champagne butter. My word.
    I rather enjoy WOC, but the food is rarely memorable.

You get better lobster and chips at the other place, the wossname across the harbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I rather enjoy WOC, but the food is rarely memorable.

You get better lobster and chips at the other place, the wossname across the harbour.

Lobster Shack? Only managed to get there with the kids so far, who obviously shred every morsel of pleasure from such occasions.

Yes, agreed about WOC. Nice setting, but unmemorable would be an entirely fair summation of the food, oysters aside.

Lobster Shack? Only managed to get there with the kids so far, who obviously shred every morsel of pleasure from such occasions.

Yes, agreed about WOC. Nice setting, but unmemorable would be an entirely fair summation of the food, oysters aside.
    On a warm day the balcony at the Crab and Winkle is also a delightful spot for oysters and a tranche of turbot. Perhaps a nice crips Sancerre with that sir?

I'm hungry now.