Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday was the most poignant day of the year: the end of the summer's test cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It'd be all that white ball rubbish, though, wouldn't it? And they shít in the street, which is almost as bad.
    Nah. I don't watch white ball cricket. They play tests out there, too. We've always seen some glorious batting, and their spinners with men round the bat on bunsens. But they've now got a top quality test-match quick.

It was great when I first started going in the mid-90s. You'd see a couple of dozen cycle rickshaw-wallahs, standing outside a chai shop, watching the cricket on a small B&W telly, only drinking water as they couldn't afford the Rs.2 for chai.

So you'd walk past and ask "Has Sachin got his ton yet?" and you'd be talking like best mates, with nationality, skin colour and socio-econ circumstances now totally irrelevant.

His ability to unite people makes Sachin a saint. The polar opposite of that cheating Convict cünt Smith.

And it's warm if you're not up the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For myself, I look forward to wild camping at Angle Tarn in January. Nice and cosy under a tarp.
    Ho ho! You jest.

Without wishing to take the heat off England's shortcomings, to be honest I think Australia need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask how, despite having a much superior bowling options and the series' best batsman by a country mile, they managed to be only an hour or so more play at Lord's away from losing the series.
    As someone said on the Beeb website during the last test, Paine being told to stop the verbals showed the real Australia. As soon as they were winning again, all the new, gentlemanly Aus disappeared and they were back to being the scum they've increasingly become.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ho ho! You jest.
    I most certainly do not. Last January I walked up to Angle Tarn in the snow and thought it would be the most beautiful place on earth to wake up and watch the sun rise. Admittedly I haven't yet persuaded the glw to accompany me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I most certainly do not. Last January I walked up to Angle Tarn in the snow and thought it would be the most beautiful place on earth to wake up and watch the sun rise. Admittedly I haven't yet persuaded the glw to accompany me...
    My word!

Well, as I said, I like a bit of cool, fresh air. Just not that much.

This time next year it will be that T100 lark :sigh:

10 ball overs, super power plays, countdowns with teams like the Manchester Renegades, Royal Challengers London and the Newcastle Knightriders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

10 ball overs, super power plays, countdowns with teams like the Manchester Renegades, Royal Challengers London and the Newcastle Knightriders.

Will the Birmingham Bears be there?

It's always much worse than the end of the football season (even back when I used still to care about football), since the end of the football season at least means summer is about to start. The end of the test cricket schedule, on the other hand, means 6-7 months of hideousness before one can even think of venturing outside without wearing a minimum of two layers of clothing.

To sum up, then: Fúck winter. Fúck it in its inexorable, icy arse.
    The geese have started flying south, B. I’ll have snow up to my *******s before I know it

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Royal Challenge is an Indian "Whiskey". Unlike most, it does actually contain some Scottish malt (about 12%) and the rest is like almost all the other Indian whiskies, made out of molasses, not malt.

It's rank. You might as well just drink the rum, as that's what you're meant to make with molasses.

I just drink Vodka and Limca out there. The Vodka's the same as a UK supermarket own brand. It's fine. (Romanov's my fave.)

But I have no idea why Kolkatta has Knightriders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Royal Challenge is an Indian "Whiskey". Unlike most, it does actually contain some Scottish malt (about 12%) and the rest is like almost all the other Indian whiskies, made out of molasses, not malt.

It's rank. You might as well just drink the rum, as that's what you're meant to make with molasses.

I just drink Vodka and Limca out there. The Vodka's the same as a UK supermarket own brand. It's fine. (Romanov's my fave.)

But I have no idea why Kolkatta has Knightriders.
    Are they big fans of the Hoff like they are in Germany?